skimmers?????????????

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by shifter, Sep 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. has anyone found a use for them yet????

apart from shooting

2. Providing targets !!!

3. Excuse my ignorance, but don't all RN pesonnel start off as Skimmers? :w00t:

4. Nobody starts out as an Admiral either, everyone has to start at the bottom first... :thumright:

5. Or in our case, at the top finishing up on the bottom!

6. Lol...yeah I was having second thoughts about my response, didn't look right... :thumright:

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, scum always rises to the top... :roll: :lol:

8. So does the cream.... :thumright: thing is we can go up and down...skimmers can only go down...[​IMG]

9. A submarine can be a skimmer as often as it likes. A skimmer can only be a submarine once.

Nutty

10. Beg to differ, am a skimmer and done boat trips!

11. Nutty`s remark went over your head then? :w00t:

12. Chaz sorry if I did not make myself clear I am talking about the bits of metal we go to sea in not the crews. Perhaps the word "submarine" and not "submariner" twice in my post may have given some guidence.

Nutty

13. More like under him!

14. So good I made it my Sig...cheers Nutty :thumright:

15. Apart from the Mary Rose!

16. My humble apologies Nutty!

17. After SSE if you had it before perhaps that is where I stole if from.I had seen it some where. Before a gentleman who I had crossed swords with called me "The Eternal OD" which fitted me so well i have used it for years. My sig was

"No muff to tough no sea to rough" given to me by Sidon who sadly is no longer with us.

NUtty

18. Believe it's your's, liked it so much I went ahead and used it, today... :thumright:

19. One good thing about skimmers once they go down:

they are very good at holding their depth.

20. An exception to every rule. Some of the German fleet which was scuttled at Scapa Flow was salvaged and used for steel to build other ships.

R-G nice dig.