Ski Cross

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by SJRM_RN, Feb 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. watching it now on the Olympics .... HOOFING!

2. I also have it on. I love it when they take each other out! A very watchable event.

3. Most entertaining event I've watched so far :D

4. This needs to be entered as a new Olympic event:
    Crashed Ice

5. Ski Cross.

Seen.

Awesome.

6. I liked the Canadian smashing his grid in during the final. Ha and indeed ha.

7. The first race was still the best where the number 2 and 3 collided mid air and Jamaica ski'd into first place.

Jamaica skiing? WTF?

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/882/coolrunningsfront4yx.jpg

8. They'll make a film out of that, Cool runnings 2? Shame John Candy is dead.

9. From the age of 12 until now I wanted to be a Bobsleder because of that film.

I even made a 'bobsled' out of an upturned coffee table and some skateboard wheels. Unfortunately I overlooked the fact that I might need brakes and caused myself a bit of a mischief on it's first run and there ended my (and my 3 mate's) bobsleigh career.

10. StixJim

Is it really?

11. Mmmmmmm. . . The mens seems more lethal though, still good though.

12. Agree, seemed to be more carnage in the mens, hopefully there will be a few more collisions in the next semi and the final. :D

13. Did we have any stretchers in the mens though ?

14. Don't think so, but its not exciting watching them on the floor, more so them hitting it! :lol:

Edit: also another one down :D

15. Yeaaah, this'll do. Im enjoying it now :D

16. Having watched the men's and the women's finals, this is now my favourite sport by miles.

As a confirmed snowboarder I feel slightly guilty, but fcuk me, the ski cross is exciting!
    [​IMG]

17. I watched the finals last night. What a great event. Would love to give it at go but my knees couldn't take the strain.