Size of the Navy - Predictions

#1
lets say, by the year 2025...what will the state of the navy be..

my guess..

1 carrier, 4 submarines, currentt SSBNs coming to end of their life with no replacements, 10 frigates, 8 destroyers and a splash of small ships..

Plymouth will be reduced to a few dry docks with the bootnecks using "frigate ally"

Sultan will have gone or merge into a tri-service establishment

the role of 1SL and 2SL will be merged into one..name The Royal Navy Sea Lord.

there will be around 25000 serving personnel...

and there will be talks of merging all 3 services into 1 (JPA and discipline act already there) calling it the UK Defence force, the navy being the maratime arm of it.



what do you all reckon..?
 
#5
2025?

By then I expect the Navy to be conducting the conquest of Mars, like Star Trek but with more whores and beer.

I'll probably be dead by then anyway the rate I am getting through this Chang.
 
#7
2- carriers- but no aircraft
6- destroyers
2-LPDs
6-ssn
Frigates depends on how many FSC are ordered
minesweepers depends on C3 variant on FSC
4-SSBN
Then a few patrol and survey vessels
 

Seadog

War Hero
Moderator
#8
As 2025 is hardly the here and now, it isn't a subject for Current Affairs. Come back in 2025 to see if your predictions are correct.
 
#10
Seadog said:
As 2025 is hardly the here and now, it isn't a subject for Current Affairs. Come back in 2025 to see if your predictions are correct.
As naval procurment takes so long, 2025 is not that far into the future. Look how long the new carriers are taking from inception to finally coming into the fleet.

ps that's if they are not scrapped before they start to actually build them.
 
#11
sparkerbuntingnowcis said:
Seadog said:
As 2025 is hardly the here and now, it isn't a subject for Current Affairs. Come back in 2025 to see if your predictions are correct.
As naval procurment takes so long, 2025 is not that far into the future. Look how long the new carriers are taking from inception to finally coming into the fleet.

ps that's if they are not scrapped before they start to actually build them.
Not just Naval procurement.

Just look at Eurofighter.

This photo was taken in 1986:
 

Troglodyte

Lantern Swinger
#17
92rc11 said:
2- carriers- but no aircraft
6- destroyers
2-LPDs
6-ssn
Frigates depends on how many FSC are ordered
minesweepers depends on C3 variant on FSC
4-SSBN
Then a few patrol and survey vessels
Carriers!!?, there wont be any carriers, anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
andym Diamond Lil's 5
B The Fleet 113
higthepig Site Issues 3

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top