Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Size of the corps?

How will the FCF affect the size of the corps. I've seen some rumours floating that there'll be a reduction in the size of the corps as a part of the FCF. Given that the Corps is fairly along restructuring and is still sitting at around 7000 personnel, it seems unlikely, just wondering if anyone here could give any solid info, cheers.

What's your interest in this?

for any on here not sure what FCF is, it's Future Commando Force

It's wiki but hey ho!
There's also
I'm looking at joining the RM after I complete my apprenticeship, and was just wondering about the future size of the corps.

If you fit the bill and they want you, they'll have you.
I know, just wanted to know if the rumoured reduction had any merit to it. Given that FCF looks like it's nearing completion an that the Corps is still around 7000, with an official target of 8,200 it looks like the rumors were bullshit. I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything solid regarding the rumors.

I know, just wanted to know if the rumoured reduction had any merit to it. Given that FCF looks like it's nearing completion an that the Corps is still around 7000, with an official target of 8,200 it looks like the rumors were bullshit. I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything solid regarding the rumors.
If we all listened to rumours huh?
Facts - not rumours.

If we all listened to rumours huh?
Facts - not rumours.
Unfortunately the "Naffi Barber" who was the source of extremely reliable information has been exterminated.
Now the question to be asked is " Were Naffi barbers feck all use, OR di they know too much?"

I remember this when Options for Change came along way back when. Media delighted in telling everybody that thousands of serving personnel were to be culled and the overall size of the forces were being cut down. Problem was, it also impacted on recruitment as people read that as "since you are trimming down you won't need me then".

It doesn't work that way. It has never been one-out one-in. Apply if you think you have the qualities being looked for.

Unfortunately the "Naffi Barber" who was the source of extremely reliable information has been exterminated.
Now the question to be asked is " Were Naffi barbers feck all use, OR di they know too much?"
Dunno!!! I use the co-op for intel these days!!!

NAAFI barbers got their dits from the local taxi drivers.

Latest Threads