Sixth Form Scholarship

Chrismith92

Midshipman
I'm 16 and attempting to get into the FAA through the scholarship/reserved place scheme. My F.A.T's are in 2 weeks (AHHHHH!) and hopefully my AIB will be soon after. Does anyone know how far down the line I have to be to get my scholarship, and if they'll back date it. Also, anyone doing their F.A.T on the 20/21st October???

Thanks, Chris

Sentenashi

War Hero
Finally.

I'm doing this scheme aswell, I have my interview tommorow. Yay.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your FATs.

airborne_artist

Lantern Swinger
There's at best one scholarship a year for FAA - draw your own conclusions.

Get good A levels, get a uni bursary and join the URNU, and go for the FAA when you graduate. That's what my chum in the recruiting office told my FAA-mad daughter.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There are only literally a handfull of £1500 6th form scholarships awarded each year across the whole of the Navy/RM.

The scholarship AIBs for that academic year are usually taken in the September after your GCSEs and awarded for the next one/two years, or if intended for upper 6th, in the September after your AS's.

The ultimate goal should be aiming for a reserved place, which means you can join after A levels without retaking AIB.

Alternatively, whilst few and far between, a University Cadetship (UCE) is a more financially appealing method of entry, followed by a more readily attainable bursary, as suggested. The URNU is indeed a very good consideration whether you gain sponsorship or otherwise.

Good luck.

Additionally, you can study for a Foundatin Degree in Military Aviation Studies while undertaking flying training.
You will require 5 GCSEs inc Maths and English Language and 180 UCAS points from A levels. And to pass AIB of course.

Sentenashi

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
There are only literally a handfull of £1500 6th form scholarships awarded each year across the whole of the Navy/RM.

The scholarship AIBs for that academic year are usually taken in the September after your GCSEs and awarded for the next one/two years, or if intended for upper 6th, in the September after your AS's.

The ultimate goal should be aiming for a reserved place, which means you can join after A levels without retaking AIB.

Alternatively, whilst few and far between, a University Cadetship (UCE) is a more financially appealing method of entry, followed by a more readily attainable bursary, as suggested. The URNU is indeed a very good consideration whether you gain sponsorship or otherwise.

Good luck.
So how many people are declined the money but offered a place at the end of their A-levels?