Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six weeks paid holiday?

jm345

Midshipman
Can someone please clarify this for me. Is this 6 weeks as in 6 weeks X 7 days meaning we get 42 days holiday plus weekends and bank holidays? Or 6 weeks X 5 days meaning 30 days holiday plus weekends and bank holidays?
Cheers

pompeyexpat

War Hero
It's working days, Sat & Sun don't count for leave purposes. Including Bank Holidays the annual leave allowance is 38 days. On a seagoing unit you also get 1 days leave for each month, so another 12 days bringing that up to 50 days.

digger84

War Hero
Can someone please clarify this for me. Is this 6 weeks as in 6 weeks X 7 days meaning we get 42 days holiday plus weekends and bank holidays? Or 6 weeks X 5 days meaning 30 days holiday plus weekends and bank holidays?
Cheers

Depending on where you are based, leave is normally taken as 2 weeks Easter, 3 Weeks Summer, 2 Week Christmas. Obviously if you are on a ship then it is dependant on what the ship is doing.

Sumo

War Hero
Don't think it is allowed now, but one boat with lots of sea time, I didn't get much time for leave, ended up with nearly 4 months to take at the end of my draft. I was bored shitless ?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Don't think it is allowed now, but one boat with lots of sea time, I didn't get much time for leave, ended up with nearly 4 months to take at the end of my draft. I was bored shitless ?

Yep, been there, done that. 93 days outstanding leave to be taken before next draft. Sounds great, actually very boring after the first couple of weeks. Loads of leave left when the money runs out!

Sumo

War Hero
Yep, been there, done that. 93 days outstanding leave to be taken before next draft. Sounds great, actually very boring after the first couple of weeks. Loads of leave left when the money runs out!
Money is the issue, especially, when you had a family shore side spending whilst we were at sea?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Six Weeks an Officers life at the Front1 The Book Club 20
MoD_RSS Rule of six comes into effect to tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Introducing SIx - Sellafield Ltd's new social impact programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six general licences re-issued for the control of wild birds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six-monthly report on Hong Kong: July to December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Groups of up to six from different households can exercise outside under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: Six people can meet outside under new measures to ease lockdown MoD News 0
soleil ITV "Advice From A Submarine Captain: Six Lessons On How To Cope With Lockdown" Submariners 4
Stirlin Separation of six years. Nearest & Dearest 8
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Rugby Union Six Nations match against Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six general licences reissued for the control of wild birds MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER 2020 Six Nations Sports and Adventure Training 5
MoD_RSS Six-monthly report to Parliament on Hong Kong: January to June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK agreed trade continuity with six African nations MoD News 0
LeedsBornLeedsBred Week Six at Raleigh - Any Questions? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS News story: Six-figure taxpayer-funded public sector exit payments to end MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Marketing bosses landed with six-year disqualifications MoD News 0
taffscrivs 2018 Six Nations Sports and Adventure Training 73
taffscrivs SIX NATIONS 2017 Sports and Adventure Training 37
Wightsparker Intensity Six Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Six World War 1 soldiers laid to rest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence budget increases for the first time in six years MoD News 0
taffscrivs SIX NATIONS RUGBY 2016 Sports and Adventure Training 42
taffscrivs \six Nations 2015. Sports and Adventure Training 12
Sgt Jobsearch Lean Six Sigma Engineer - Gloucestershire - Circa £32,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp: Bravo Six Zero by Damien Lewis Competitions 19
soleil RBS Six Nations 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 171
soleil Shipping Times: "Royal Navy Minehunters Six Years In Gulf" The Fleet 0
BillyNoMates Six seconds of pain. Diamond Lil's 10
soleil Daily Record: "HMS Blyth Given Great Send-Off As Ship Sets Sail For Six Month Tour" The Fleet 3
frogman007 Six Nations predictions? Sports and Adventure Training 19
Scouse_Castaway Afghan pilot 'kills six Nato soldiers at Kabul airport' Current Affairs 3
soleil Two Six TV: A Guided Tour Around HMS Dauntless The Fleet 3
soleil Two Six TV: Hasler Company The Corps 0
soleil Two Six TV - Post-SDSR Interview With The First Sea Lord Current Affairs 0
Merlin28 Pope visit: Six men held over papal terror alert Current Affairs 23
G SIX MONTHS to crack! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 8
soleil NWE Mail: BAE Makes £1.1bn In First Six Months Of This Year Submariners 0
TheRowan All TA non-deployment training cancelled for six months Current Affairs 19
sgtpepperband Six-word story Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 12
beltfedwombat Six Frigates History 0
sgtpepperband Man takes clothes off to show off his six-pack... Diamond Lil's 4
wet_blobby six nations The Quarterdeck 28
D "Two Six" videos - what do you think? The Quarterdeck 13
B 10 weeks at Raleigh as a reserve Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS Britain eats out to help out – over 35 million meals claimed in first two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain’s biggest network of diagnostic labs are completed in 5 weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arundel road improvements consultation enters final two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Queen to commission namesake aircraft carrier in just three weeks, Defence... MoD News 0
shinson PJFT Pass and HMS Raleigh in 9 (ish) weeks!! Joining the Royal Navy 8