SIX NATIONS RUGBY 2016

Seadog

War Hero
By your own hand you confess to being exactly the sort of person you detest! You seem a bit mixed up :rolleyes:
I played rugby for '4 years,' not 'once'. I'm not 3 kg overweight let alone 30. I like Guinness but I don't drink it lest I become a bloater. I don't shout at the telly, as an engineer I'm aware that the players and referee can't hear me.

In what way am I the sort of person I detest?

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
Back to the thread..............and it's still too close to call. England can do it, grand slam an'all, but they have 3 hard games in front of them. I think it will depend upon who turns up on the day. The Taffs and the Paddies are both capable of beating England and the Frogs can beat absolutely anyone if they get out of the right side of the bed. That's a fine bit of 'fence sitting' I hear you say - so I'll go for it - England by a short head.

taffscrivs

War Hero
You may be right MB, I'm still gunning for Wales, but never discount the Eyties taking a win. Sure they got hammered last weekend but they can and do play some good rugby. They're only let down by basic mistakes and innacurate kicking, when they get it right they are pretty good.

Sumo

War Hero
2 weeks time against Wales should be a good game
Ireland should have been kicking for points and not touch, could have been a different score line?

Last edited:

taffscrivs

War Hero
Good effort by England yesterday, they seem to want to play for Eddie, and Hartley looks like he'll be a good captain, hasn't done his self discipline any harm either. Wales well, just another good days' work really. Go out, win, job done, no complaints. Looking forward to the big game in a fortnight.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Got to sort the penalties out tho. We can't play a quarter of the game with only 14 men against the Welsh.

Sumo

War Hero
The England Ladies have won all their games so far as well.
The wife and I were talking about that, not just best in world for ladies rugby but football and cricket, they just do not get the credit or the pay, must be OK for equality in the workplace but not sports?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The wife and I were talking about that, not just best in world for ladies rugby but football and cricket, they just do not get the credit or the pay, must be OK for equality in the workplace but not sports?
they certainly don't get the airtime they deserve, at least they had Maggie Alphonsi on as a pundit for the England men's game, a step in the right direction I suppose or just a token effort?

Wightsparker

War Hero
The game does seem a bit rough, sometimes. And I've not seen any sign of risk assessments or Health and Safety discussions on the pitch.

Perhaps the England fans could switch from "Swing Low" to "Stop Your Tackling, Jock?"

taffscrivs

War Hero
The game does seem a bit rough, sometimes. And I've not seen any sign of risk assessments or Health and Safety discussions on the pitch.

Perhaps the England fans could switch from "Swing Low" to "Stop Your Tackling, Jock?"
Hopefully this has been started by some goody goody prat with nothing better to do and it will go away. I notice games such as hockey or cricket which may both be also labelled as 'high injury risk' games have not been mentioned, or are they next?

MG Maniac

War Hero
Forget 6 Nations ... if we come out the EU, Italy and the Frogs will be out the picture! Just be left with the home internationals! Anyone for tennis?????????????????

S'alright ... I've got my coat :)

Sumo

War Hero
Shame that Wales forgot to practice against 15 as they were OK against 14, bring on the next game for a slam.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Must admit Wales have had better games, first half was a feckin' disaster. All credit to Eddie, he seems to have got England firing on all cylinders again

Stirlin

War Hero
Must admit Wales have had better games, first half was a feckin' disaster. All credit to Eddie, he seems to have got England firing on all cylinders again
Squeaky bum time for England in the last 10 minutes but a win is a win , congrats to Scotland for back to back wins.