SIX NATIONS 2017

Six Nations is nearly here folks, any forecasts or doom and gloom comments?
As always I'm backing Wales to win this great rugby tournament.

Seadog

War Hero
My forecast; fat lads who played rugby once at school and hated it as much as they hate Guinness will descend on pubs they never frequent: hog the bar, drink Guinness and shout at the big telly while the displaced regulars fume.

It's worse than Christmas. F cough.

Agreed. We have one who never enters the pub unless the rugby is on, sits there getting wazzed, claims to know all the rules and shouts at the telly arguing with the ref. That is 'till he's drowned out with calls such as "Shut up you w~nker, just watch the game!" After he hears that from the landlord he tends to go quiet. Best of it he's a rarity in our local, an England supporter!

Same as last time the team with most points at the end will win.
I may drink a Guinness or to but in the comfort of my home.

Last edited:
46 hours and counting. Never mind your poncey soccer, the proper ball game's greatest tournament is about to start. A month of great rugby watched in the comfort of the local,February is such a lovely time of year ....

Stand_Still

Lantern Swinger
My forecast; fat lads who played rugby once at school and hated it as much as they hate Guinness will descend on pubs they never frequent: hog the bar, drink Guinness and shout at the big telly while the displaced regulars fume.

It's worse than Christmas. F cough.
I have to agree, a month of not being able to get to the bar in my usual place and having to listen to the load of bollocks they all spout. I should have taken my 3 weeks holiday this month not January.

I know what you're saying, every pub will be full of non regulars, giving expert opinions. Most of these pundits haven't pulled on a rugby shirt in their lives never mind played the game. A fair few only come along for the free grub laid on by mine host anyway.

I'm glad my local still has two separate rooms to drink in.
Time for my annual migration into the lounge bar and leave the obnoxious braying twats to get on with it :p

I'll bet Eddie's arse was twitching until the last 10 minutes of the match, he was staring his first defeat right in the face. All credit to Dylan's men they managed to pull it round, one hell of a finale to a brilliant, hard fought game.