Situations Vacant.

Watched the documentary "Executed" last night - which focused on people who were hung
for crimes they did not actually commit. Got me thinking and having a bit of a to-do with
WolfPackLeader.
"I could do that", I said
"No you couldn't", she replied
And so it continued. I'm now wondering if I could actually BE a hangman and bimble off
to work, snap a couple of necks - come home and enquire what was for tea. Difficult to
decide really. This is not about capital punishment...more about the "job". Does anyone
think that (if ever we started hangin' people again) - they could send in a C.V. and apply
for the position of Executioner? Albert Pierrepoint sent many nasty folk downwards through
the trapdoors (plus, as the documentary says the odd one that shouldn't have) - so have a
ponder and we'll see who (if anyone) would go for the job.

I have watched programmes previously which discussed hanging and other methods of execution and have decided I'm not cut out for the job. I have read elsewhere that Pierpoint confessed to be against capital punishment after he'd retired and he was in a better position to judge than me. Whoever does it has to be mentally completely detached and unemotional as to the fate of their clients which is not a trick I could manage.

I had to 'dispatch' a squirrel tonight which had become trapped in the woodland behind my garden. That was uncomfortable. There is something particularly sinister about ending the life of another being when it is in a position of utter helplessness and poses no threat.