Situations Vacant.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Aug 13, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watched the documentary "Executed" last night - which focused on people who were hung
    for crimes they did not actually commit. Got me thinking and having a bit of a to-do with
    "I could do that", I said
    "No you couldn't", she replied
    And so it continued. I'm now wondering if I could actually BE a hangman and bimble off
    to work, snap a couple of necks - come home and enquire what was for tea. Difficult to
    decide really. This is not about capital punishment...more about the "job". Does anyone
    think that (if ever we started hangin' people again) - they could send in a C.V. and apply
    for the position of Executioner? Albert Pierrepoint sent many nasty folk downwards through
    the trapdoors (plus, as the documentary says the odd one that shouldn't have) - so have a
    ponder and we'll see who (if anyone) would go for the job.

2. I would imagine Monty might make a great Hangman, but he might actually hunt Finks down and hang him for the sheer thrill of it.
  3. I truly think I could open the trapdoors easier than I could kill a cat or dog.
  4. I have watched programmes previously which discussed hanging and other methods of execution and have decided I'm not cut out for the job. I have read elsewhere that Pierpoint confessed to be against capital punishment after he'd retired and he was in a better position to judge than me. Whoever does it has to be mentally completely detached and unemotional as to the fate of their clients which is not a trick I could manage.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. I had to 'dispatch' a squirrel tonight which had become trapped in the woodland behind my garden. That was uncomfortable. There is something particularly sinister about ending the life of another being when it is in a position of utter helplessness and poses no threat.
  6. Ahhhh, but we hung em to ensure they would no longer be a threat.....
  7. Even the innocent ones!
  8. Especially the "Innocent ones".