Site Upgrade - Known Issues, Please suffer things until tomorrow and goodnight!

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jan 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that the chat isn't working, and avatars are not showing. There is probably plenty more. It all took way longer than I expected though and marital harmony is being threatened so I have to sack it tonight.

We hope you like the new site although know it will take a while to get used to. Questions answered - live hopefully - tomorrow or later tonight if BCO is keen.

2. Just cracked the avatars.
  3. Its starting to look klike E-GOAT AAARRRGH.
  4. That's a novel complaint - I'm not sure it's possible to look any less like e-goat. Like the Navy site, yeah OK some colours are the same. Like ARRSE? Yup, guilty as charged - same software and general layout. Like any other vbulletin 4 forum - well yes of course. But e-goat? To the opticians with you in the morning!

Edit: yup, just double checked. I'm hard pushed to find anything at all like egoat except that there's a header at the top, a forum in the middle and a footer at the bottom.
  5. So far I Like. Good move.

A glitch - I've noticed the 'New Post's' doesn't actually show new posts, unlike the 'Last 50+'

*Please don't jeopordise marital situation for for this*
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. It seems to work for me.

Q1 are you aware that it only shows unread posts? any you've already looked at dissapear when the page is refreshed.

Q2 If it is a genuine problem, which link did you use?
  7. You may well be right there with Q1, thanks.

I'll monitor the sit....
  8. Smilies don't show up, other than that, it looks good
  9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Batcave is on the front page (50+)..... that could be interesting
  10. Seems fine. I'm guessing you didn't try logged out or not as a mod? The site should handle permissions correctly everywhere so that you always see what you're entitled to, whether in search, Last 50 or recent posts. That help?
  11. Wife content, and baby asleep - so I'm bug fixing. You were right and wrong - it was working but only refreshed every 5 minutes. I've changed that to one minute. It has to cache and update like that for performance reasons. Last 50 is a bit different - made by my own fair hand - and should be near instantaneous.
  12. Thanks for the spot. Should now be sorted.
  13. wet_blobby

Yep, I noticed it whilst logged in. Just not used to the new format I suppose. Good work, dont upset the long haired sgn't major....
  14. wet_blobby

Do you want us to report smallie glitches we come across or wait awhile untill you finish the upgrade?
  15. Pse report everything you find - doing each in a new thread will make them easier for us to keep track though!

P.S Am now in the new chat most of the day to help with problems
  16. There seems to be a mistake with the site,

I have a link to E goat at the top!!!!