Site snags?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 19, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Over the last couple of days I've noticed the site is runnng ridiculously slow, particularly on mobile devices and on Dii today. Anyone else?

I'm getting heartily fed-up getting logged-out when using a kindle & am wondering if the vBulletin software has bugs again.

Is there any hope of this site switching to XenForo software (same as ARRSE) I wonder? This is driving me bonkers.
  2. It's been down for the last hour or so, spookily so has ebay?

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(
  3. Just as a "nil return" report, I've had no problems with either laptop or mobie (android).
  4. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

I've had more snags with arrse not loading up but RR has been loading fine. I've been deleting my cashe to try and get arrse to load on my phone which works for a bit but then stops and is unable to connect to the forum when I go back again later.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I did have some problems writing in this Reply box earlier. Seems ok now.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Hmmmn, looks like it maybe network connections rather than software.
  7. I have had no problems with RR and just for the record HATE the format that ARRSE uses now!
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ah yes, it's a bit like someone coming into your house & moving the furniture around at first. In practical terms the software is actually better than that used here.

As oft heard in the senior rates mess: "How many Chiefs does it take to change a lightbulb?"

If there are snags loading ARRSE the Admins just need to tweak the .htaccess file set-up. It speeds the site up no end, as we found out on the PRMC Forum running on the same software.
  9. You can get RR on DII? I can't!
  10. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I can.

Just the thoughts of a blonde, ex wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up!
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, this is on Dii.Maybe you've got an "Officer" Dii account & it has that child-lock thingy stopping you getting on sites with rude words, Alf?
  12. Only problems lately, is that of having to sign in each time. The remember me feature doesn't want to work most of the time.
  13. Are you sure that's a site issue? Perhaps its it's a browser settings issue, I don't have the same problem.
  14. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

i have the log in issue on Rum Ration now also, plus it has gone into mobile/tablet mode and not the web version.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

I'm rather hoping we switch to the xenforo software as vBulletin seems to have lost the plot with regard browser compatibility & formatting. Drives me more nutty than an angry banned-user. ;-P
  16. Hmmmmmm nutty.

What ever happened to him?
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 'Tis dragging it's arse through treacle again tonite. Error 524's (Timeouts). Ships rats gnawing through the fibre optic cables again?