Site Slow as a Dog on a Go Slow Day (= Server trouble)

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,
    Many, many apologies for the awful speed of the site over the last 2 days. We've been working flat out to try and figure out the cause but it had left us utterly stumped. None of our our normal tricks were working.

GCO had a bit of a brainwave earlier though so we hope that this issue is now fixed and hopefully won't re-occur!

Apologies again .....

2. Well done and thanks!!

3. Why don`t you just pay by direct debit and have done with it???????

4. Well if the reports on romft are anything to go bye RR has been sadly missed.
    many thanks for all yopur work.

5. holy cow guys..... i was getting the shakes.... you have been sorely missed..........

[marq=left]........WELCOME BACK.........[/marq]

6. Put another shilling in the meter..

Well done guys.

7. I thought it was my laptop , so many thanks , haveing problems with it at the moment , using the one at work so cant use it too often , getting mine repaired this week , :thumright:

8. BCO - VMT. Your efforts on our behalf and those of GCO much appreciated. Now returning to non-snivelling mode.

9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

BZ COs for sorting this as quickly as you have.

10. Well done guys!

11. Unfortunately whilst the main site is now fine, the RRpedia is likely to be long term broken. We're working on this but can't see it being back up in the next fortnight. Sorry ......

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Was it me, or have we just had another one of those days?

13. Keep up the good work BZ :thumright:

14. Well done chaps.

I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms.
    and was beginning to think that the Navy had
    lost yet another Rum Ration.

Jerry

15. just gone cold turkey a whole day without you/i need my daily fix

16. I almost lowered myself to registering on Arrse! But that would've meant talking to numerous brown-jobs so I sat in the garden instead :D
    Nice job getting things up and jogging again fellas :)

17. Thanks for all your hard work BCO!

PS: I've had the shakes all day because of Rum Ration withdrawal syndrome setting in. I need my daily fix of matelots.... :happy3:

18. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Thanks for everything. I was forced to send all my time on ARRSE. I did manage to up set both the RLC and RE sections. Not bad for 24hrs.

19. What's a shilling?? :bball:

Well done for all the work you put in you technical lot. May the force be with you always

20. Well, that's a relief. I couldn't work out if it was summat I said or my distance from home port. Not slow - bloody non-existent. Still, all happy bunnies now - well done the fixers.