Site Logo - Your Views Please

Should we use it?

• Total voters
Jimmy_Green said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Might I suggest we try either Atkinson or Dodgeralong. I agree that ideally Jack should have a JR's lid, a tiddly collar and a bit of a beer gut - to be authentic. Losing the Rum Tub seems a bit churlish given that this site is called Rum Ration - I personally think it would be a good idea (and more memorable) to include a Rum Tub in the cartoon rather than modernise it too much. If we modernise it we might end up having a matelot holding a mobile to his ear during his Passing Out Parade, with a fag in his mouth and different coloured socks (one called Jack and the other Jill?)! :wink: :lol:
Why do I get a mental image of ET(WE) Pooley? :D
Hig thinks he's an 8 year old Walt! I have this mental image of him with one of those coloured felt spanners and a matching felt saw... :lol:

I better put my felt toolkit away before anyone suspects anything...

Why not a very good shot of the White Ensign , blowing in the wind , that would do it for me , just a thought peaple , I've got it on my mobile , Texts I've Sunset , normal ringtone I have Officers Call , loads more as standbyes , pisses the civvies in the club off , yessssss

dondon said:
Why not a very good shot of the White Ensign , blowing in the wind , that would do it for me , just a thought peaple , I've got it on my mobile , Texts I've Sunset , normal ringtone I have Officers Call , loads more as standbyes , pisses the civvies in the club off , yessssss
Say it again , you will never beat the White Ensign , you just cant , going back to Nelson , go for it , Cant beat it ,

dondon said:
dondon said:
Say it again , you will never beat the White Ensign , you just cant , going back to Nelson , go for it , Cant beat it ,
Think I'm Stuttering but who gives a Shite

So what should we use then - so far the only suggestions are:

1. A cartoon by a bloke who is dead (Tugg Wilson).

2. A cartoon by a bloke no-one is able to put me in touch with (LMEM Atkinson).

3. Using the white ensign which is copyright HMG ......

the_matelot

War Hero
How about something like Mr Potatohead in anti-flash?

Obviously Mr Potatohead would have to be depongofied but he should be quite easy to navalise-after all, we are working in a Joint Environment more often!

And it would give the site a recognisable yet seperate identity from ARRSE.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
the_matelot said:
How about something like Mr Potatohead in anti-flash?

Obviously Mr Potatohead would have to be depongofied but he should be quite easy to navalise-after all, we are working in a Joint Environment more often!
Combat 95 with a dark blue/gold RN flash? :)

Some how I don't feel Mr Potato Head is all that naval and nory marine either, how about a friendly looking dolphin, far easier to associate with the marine environment

Can none of our members draw? Could Rum Rationers perhaps submit their own drawings by a certain deadline, say mid March and allow us to vote on them? I suggest a bottle of Pussers Rum as First Prize. I'll donate the bottle.

Always_a_Civvy said:
Can none of our members draw? Could Rum Rationers perhaps submit their own drawings by a certain deadline, say mid March and allow us to vote on them? I suggest a bottle of Pussers Rum as First Prize. I'll donate the bottle.
Who's donating the rum?

chieftiff said:
The hat definitely has to change, looks like a bus conductor or customs officer confiscating the bloody Rum! Try a JR's 'sailors cap' and a traditional sailors collar? Bit of colour might help for definition, it's a tricky one eh! can't just slap a bit of camo on it and call it a soldier :lol:
You realise John Douglas has one that's remarkably similar.... maybe he's been syphoning off the rum... 8O

Bad_CO said:

At least give Atkinson and Dodgerlong chance to get in touch...why the rush?.

stirling said:
Bad_CO said:

At least give Atkinson and Dodgerlong chance to get in touch...why the rush?.
I concur.... but the bottle of Pusser's (complete with contents) is still on offer if that fails...

Incidentally one idea for a T-shirt would be to have Rum Ration spelt out in flag semaphore in two lines of text on above the other, with outline drawings of duck suited matelots sending the signal. :D I'll need one in XXXXL :oops:

How about a cartoon depicting Rosie and Dunkers drinking bubbly out of a rum tub whilst Nutty and Hig look on bemused and make bets (in Shillings) on who will keel over first? :wink:

Chalky

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
How about a cartoon depicting Rosie and Dunkers drinking bubbly out of a rum tub whilst Nutty and Hig look on bemused and make bets (in Shillings) on who will keel over first? :wink:
Leave your personal life at home, AAC. :p