Sit ups and Press ups at prnc and Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by hello_there, Sep 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so I know the max is something like 40 pressups and 60 situps, how long do you get to do this, I've heard 2 mins is this correct?

So is it just a case of do as many as you can in 2 mins at whatever pace you like or is he pace set for you like to beep for example?

2. It's done to a bleep type system.

3. And is it normal press ups or marine type press ups with arms tucked into the sides more like tricep press ups ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. At the prnc we did the bleep test which is max 40 or 60 sit-ups, we also did a new way of imf in which it is the PT who instructs the movement not the bleeps. Just give it everything you have you don't have to Max out but that's what you should be aiming for!

5. When is your PRNC mate?

6. I did them to a bleep at prnc but I didn't do any to the bleep at Raleigh at the start of imf the pti was calling the pace, and during the circuits at the end of the session it was do as many as you could within that time.

7. that must have been very rare, no beep and a PTI that could count:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Only up to ten Sumo, and only then if he can take his socks off.

9. What's bare minimum for a pass on press ups at prnc about 25ish?

10. now I know you are taking the mickey, 1, 2, 1, 2 I thought was their limit?

11. Not even 10 the most we did were 5 :D

12. 25-30 is fine

13. For lads it's 23 press ups and 38 sit ups, practice to a bleep system or a 2 second pause at the top when arms are fully extended, I could do 48 in a row without pauses before my PRNC but the pauses threw me off and I got 33, still decent but disappointing