sit up and fitness test advice

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by sammysideways, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello girls and boys, bit of a newbie that found site by accident, i need a spot of advice.

im applying to get into the navy as a engineer technician weapons engineer submariner. Ive passed interview stage and have my medical next week. im 25 in december.

Im doing about 20 push ups(need to up that a bit for basic), running a mile and a half in about 11 seconds. My biggest worry is press ups.
    Is the test for sit ups at stage 1 training done with a person holding your legs or not?

Reason i ask is i recieved a navy fitness guide which doesnt mention about legs being held andincludes pictures ofpeople doing sit ups unsupported. I can do loads supported but find it very hard to do unsupported.

Also lastly what is the full fitness requiments to pass stage 1 training?

thanks in advance

sam brown

2. All I can say is yes they are supported situps with your oppo holding your feet counting, but that was moons ago. Sorry if things may have changed.

PS try harder with with your punctuation or you will get ripped to sh1t otherwise.

3. Well thank you for the advice. Much appreciated all the same. Im sure somebody else may know the answer.

Unfortunatly my English has never been the most amazing, didnt think it was that bad though. Sorry if it is though.

4. Your oppo counts your score. When the swinger asks you for your score add a further ten on it!!!

5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Sammy,
    If you can run 1.5 miles in 11 seconds you've nothing to worry about.

6. thank you very much. seems like ill be ok then if ive got somebody holding my legs.

Am i correct in thinking that both sit ups and press ups are done by using a beep?

Anyone got any ideas of how to practice shuttle runs from benifit of home?

7. Just what I thought.

Why are you not in Beijing?

8. oops..me bad. in my defence it was late.

I meant minutes!!lol

9. sit ups are supported

10. One last dumb question on my part. Are both press up's and sit up's timed over a two minute period?

11. sit ups - 1 minute

press ups - 1 minute

Train for sprints!..........Harder than you think.