Sir Tim and Crapita

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by jacko3, Nov 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tim Laurence when
    a serving sailor looked after MOD real estate. A typical job for a sailor.
    However, on leaving the RN he has accepted a Directorship with Capita who are taking on that lucrative MOD Real Estate governance.

Finknotle and others to chew the fat over.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Splendid. It's about time someone took charge as it's obviously been a gapped billet up until now.
  3. Does a Versailles giant wall mirror go with the job?

4. Man with previous experience in given job shocker.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Capita currently organise the recruiting for some Government departments, and are likely to do the same for others (including sections of the Armed Forces)...

While I imagine the usual suspects will mank and moan about this sort of private enterprise outsourcing, a dedicated recruitment consultancy might speed up the process in some cases. A friend of mine left the Navy over two years ago and has only just been accepted into the MPGS, due to the lethargic manner in which his clearance and application was dealt with at Kentigern House. This will not happen with Capita (with their business KPIs), who have promised PM(A) that they will be able to clear personnel between 2-4 weeks from initial contact. And the way the MPGS is being developed in the next three years, they're going to be very busy with the expected uplift of personnel...
    • Like Like x 1

6. When I was accepted as an employee of Big And Expensive, it took MUCH longer for ex-RN personnel to be cleared than it did for a pure civvy. So I was 'not allowed' to work on anything classified SECRET or above!
  7. He should write Kentigern House a thank you letter for giving him back 2 years of his life :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daily Wail up to its usual standards of accuracy, only got his age wrong by 10 years.