Sir John Harvey-Jones RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jan 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Apologies if this has been posted, but was surprised to have just read this; a good man (and an ex-RN Occifer):

2. An outstanding Englishman, and some one who was never afraid to call a spade a spade.

The MD of MORGAN motors said he was the only man he ever met who was able to wind him up and still remain a friend.

One of his shows he talked to the 1st Sea lord, and asked him "WHAT DO YOU DO?". After some reflection the !st said " I tell the fleet what the politicos want the Navy to do. In a flash Harvey-Jones said " You are failing" Classic Line.

The country and Industry will miss this wonderful charactor

RIP Big John
  3. RIP sir!
  4. RIP Sir.
  5. Recieved Sir John's obituary on the internet today from The National Submariners Asssociation. The attached response was from an SA member in the Welsh SA branch that gives you the measure of the man; one of a kind and one who will be sadly missed.

Tex, thanks for the obituary of Sir John. Could you pass this on?

He was a long time member of the Welsh branch, and although not always prompt with his subs, made up for it with donations of up to £150, so I forgave him!!!!!!!!

He once said to me in a letter, that he was proud to be a member of the branch and Association.

Red Sailor