Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continue

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by thingy, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It won't change anything. Part-time Defence Secretary Broon (D) won't do a thing. Only complete fools ignore history (wars on 2 fronts, fighting Afgans etc). Oops!
    As for the comments about getting preferential treatment - how much resentment will that cause?
    I think most of us want the same treatment as civvies for the everyday things and a bit more respect from those who send us away to do their bidding - as they've not got the balls to do it.
    Tax free deployments? No-can-do Jack. Every HMS is a little bit of Britain.

2. Other professionals (key workers as they call them) are given preferential treatment, nurses, teachers, police, etc so I see no problem with the Armed Forces coming under this umbrella in fact it is long overdue and they should have been top of the list in the first place. if some do not like it then tough shit.

3. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

FFS - How can we be overstretched? If we truly are lacking in men and equipment then how are we going to invade Iran, bring democracy back to Rhodesia [oops Zimbabwe :pukel: ], bring Jockistan to heel and continue to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan? Wars on multiple fronts should not be a problem for our political geniuses; ask Hirohito, Napoleon and Hitler :thumright:

RM

4. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

Hot on the heels of the top man stating that the forces cannot continue fighting on two fronts, comes the report that 'they' have improved the content of the ration packs for the troops in the field.

There was a 2 1/2 ringer (How young he looked :shock: ) extolling the virtues of the new ration packs on the box last night.

Oh goody ! You can now have Pilau Rice and a choice of two ( wow !!) two types of Tabasco sauce.

It seems that what you can't have is sufficient armour to protect yourselves from roadside explosives.... ?!

:scratch:

5. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

Condemmed man's last meal.? :rambo:

6. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

I can remember taking a Colonel to a media conference/briefing about 10 years ago, ie before this current running goat f*ck got going, and his one concern was questions about overstretch, which didn't exist then either.

7. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

A sign of the Services/Politico state of trust and understanding that a man has to resort to the public to get a serious point across

Muppets in government have little to no understanding of the situation

The insult of a part-timer minister of defence indicates the contempt

8. Indeed. And what better time for Frau Kirschner to decide Malvinas Son Argentine :thumright:

RM

9. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

Gordon the Broone will be remembered as the greatest military genius of all time…

10. Whitemouse.... your logo appears to have scurried off for some Mars Bars. Shall I report 'Mouse overboard' to the Skipper? ;) :lol:

11. Oops, your logo's reappeared. I'll get me cap.

12. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

Really?? I would liked to have seen at and laughed my cok off.

It does'nt surprise me that even at present with overstretched Military Ops in Afghan and Iraq, soldiers dying plus multiple wounded, Shit pay and accom for all service personel, Headley court a complete shambles etc etc That they the numptys upstairs stick a dumbarse Rupert on the box chuntering about how ''Yummy Yummy'' the new rations are. Nothing surprises me with those clowns .

13. I wonder why he is called 'Jock'?

14. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

Maybe.... but definitely a close-run competition between him and Chimpy McFuknuggets.

Follow me boys...... I'm right behind you :thumright:

RM

15. That's private! The other reason is because he likes whisky ;)

16. Is the private bit that at the weekends and in the privacy of his own home he dresses up in a kilt?

17. Let's hope not Bergs, after all not only do we not have the manpower to fight another conflict in the South Atlantic, we don't have the hardware nor (I believe) the political willpower. I'd hate to see our hard earned efforts in 82 go to waste now.

18. Re: Sir Jock Stirrup - Forces overstretched - cannot continu

No. I think they're called athletic supports these days! :biggrin: