Sir Henry Cooper - RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ageing_Gracefully, May 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Sad news he was a character. RIP
  3. One of the few gentlemen sports stars. Should have been heavy weight champion after knocking down Muhammed Ali. RIP.
  4. RIP Sir Henry Cooper. A gent out of the ring and not one to cross inside it.

A true legend who will be sadly missed.
  5. Bummer, I had the pleasure( friggin thrill really,) of meeting him on two occasions.
    He feigned a punch to my jaw for a photo, and caught me harder than he intended. It was at that moment in time I decided that boxing was not my way forward. It was at the Lakeside club a dart's venue.
    Ah my 15 minutes of fame..
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  6. R.I.P Henry a true gent and a 1st class boxer
  7. RIP henry a true sportsman/boxer/gent
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It has been a bad weekend on the undertaker stakes:

Prof Richard Holmes - historian and TA Brigadier
    Ted Lowe - snooker commentator
    Our 'Enry

RIP all of you. Over the years each of them has given me much pleasure and entertainment.
  9. Had the pleasure of meeting the man when he was guest speaker at a mess dinner in Sultan, he was a true gent and span some good dits, I've still got the programme he autographed for me somewhere.

10. No more stobarts gone toes up then?
  11. RIP Enery A true gent
  12. Great exponent of British boxing with a heart to match.If only he didn't cut so much who knows what would have been.
    He creamed most that crossed him.
    A true gent you won't be forgotten.RIP
  13. RIP to all. Especially Prof. Holmes. Had the pleasure of attending a lecture of his on several occasions and met him personally a few times. Fascinating man.

Henry Cooper was a legend of sport. One of the few true gentlemen
  14. RIP Enry...a true gent and a wonderful advert for the at rest after the final bell.
  15. Embalmed in Brut 33 no doubt.
    RIP 'Enry
  16. 'Splash it all over'
  17. mid_7bd6bb45269d356dbf6645ffef9def24.jpg

RIP a Great Man
  18. A great shame, RIP to a real Brit Gent!!
  19. RIP, A true gentleman
  20. RIP - And all is forgiven for losing me that 10/- I had you on for the '63 Clay fight.

(At least it stayed within the Mess rather than going deep into some bookies bulging trousers.)