sinus bradycardiasinus bradycardia

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by werqpr, Dec 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would having sinus bradycardia stop me from being able to join up?
  2. No, because as we stated the usual rule of thumb is 60-100 Bpm. But sinus brady is <60 which will be fine if there are no underlying complications. Anyway that isnt the same as First degree AV block
  3. But, wouldn't it affect the VO2max, and thus the ability of the person to undertake physical exertion? Surely this could be grounds for rejection and would need to be given due consideration by the Doc who does the joining medical.
  4. It all depends on just WHAT is causing the Bradycardia.Sick Sinus syndrome,anatomical defect,Disease,past tissue injury of unknown cause.The list isnt exhaustive but Bradycardia can be a serious condition in active people.I know fit people have slow pulses but there is a difference between that and Bradycardia.Most cardiac conditions will preclude entry into the Forces even if its treatable with medication.I am suprised that they havent done a stress ECG to see just exactly whats going on.