Sink the Belgrano

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by scouse, Dec 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello out their, all submariners. Just read the above book by Mike Rossiter. At the end of the book. Captain Chris Wreford Brown , alludes to the the mission a month later. Under the black waters of the Barent sea. In Conqueror. As the most significant of his carrer. Can anyone expand on this comment for me,please ? :thumright:

2. Can I just say (on a slight tangent) that I bought this book as it seemed to be a decent size but was disgusted on opening it to find that its all written in size 14 type, and that would would have actually been around 200 pages in a normally formatted paperback had been padded to just short of 400... :X

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...yeah, but feel the quality! :roll: :lol:

4. The op he is referring to was in the summer of 1982, and took place in the areas around the Barents sea. The rest is classified, but more information might be released in twenty-five year's time, along with the 'missing' control room log.

5. NO. I know, but it's classified (perhaps the clue is in the description of the Barents !!) The book was first published in early 2007, I assume the paperback version is now out ?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

7. Yes I bought it in the 1st week of June 07, it was very topical due to the imminent date of the Falklands 25 commemoration. I actually wrote to Mike Rossiter, pointing out some of the inaccuracies in his book !!

8. My copy available for free :thumright: if you would like to Pm me with your details :salut:

9. Don't spoil it - I'm only half way through the book.

And now I know that it's not all fact. -Bugger!!!!!!!!

10. The XO of the Conquerer at the time was the Captain of HMS Cornwall when I served on her and was Squadron Captain also.

Who is now as I've found out now Vice Admiral Sir Tim McClement

11. :thumright: Do not fire!! Why not ????

12. He was a nice bloke. I had a letter of commendation from him which was nice I thought lol

13. :whew: wonder who nicked the Log??

14. The can ass lol

15. He now works in my industry so I've just read.

16. Any chance of asking him about the stolen Log book then Tommo??? Now he is your new work colleuge :thumright: lol

17. I might drop him a line anyways as his clients are the skippers of my clients vessels lol

What's your full name so I can say "......... aka scouse wants to know where the stolen log book is?" lol