Simple sailor, any other kind?

finknottle

Banned
wet_blobby said:
I seem to have annoyed our northern brethren about as much as I'm annoyed about paying for them........ :bball:

Finky, I'd discounted Heron as Yeovil has a very large hospital. :scratch:
Well you have wrongly discounted it without being fully aware of all the facts, at that time Yeovil did not have the facilites that were required for the birth and aftercare. This could well be a cautionary tale for you in so much as it is wise to be in full possesion of all the facts before making a summary.

God you lot wind me up going on winging about wether your English Scottish Irish or even Welsh are using more of the resources than each other when our biggest drain on our society these days (at risk of not being PC) is the now Legalised immigrants that have moved here in droves to join our DSS spongers who get everything free in education at the expense of the ones who pay theirtaxes and get no return Eg. my daughter would like to learn the guitar at school only £98 a term!!! or free if i was on the dole instead of a long term loyal member of the Roger Nigel

So Lads & Ladies let it rest please

skimmer

Lantern Swinger
Wafu_Through_And_Through said:
God you lot wind me up going on winging about wether your English Scottish Irish or even Welsh are using more of the resources than each other when our biggest drain on our society these days (at risk of not being PC) is the now Legalised immigrants that have moved here in droves to join our DSS spongers who get everything free in education at the expense of the ones who pay theirtaxes and get no return Eg. my daughter would like to learn the guitar at school only £98 a term!!! or free if i was on the dole instead of a long term loyal member of the Roger Nigel

So Lads & Ladies let it rest please[/quote
The point I was trying to make.

IDOITDEEPER said:
Oh Lord above send down a dove
With wings as sharp as razors
To cut the throats of those
who rob us simple sailors

Actually the last line should read " of those that sell bad beer to sailors"
Contibutor Mode

There yer go lads the full version.

This dirty town has been my home since last Time I was sailing
But I'll not stay another day, I'd sooner be out whaling
Oh Lord above, send down a dove,
With beak as sharp as razors
To cut the throat of them there blokes
Who sells bad beer to sailors

Paid off me score and them ashore, me money soon was flying
With Judy Lee upon my knee in my ear a lying

With my newfound friends, my money spent just as fast as winking
But when I make to clean the slate, the landlord says, "Keep Drinking"

With me money gone and clothes in pawn and Judy set for leaving
Six months of pay gone in three days, but Judy isn't grieving

When the crimp comes round, I'll take his pound and his hand I'll be shaking
Tomorrow morn sail for the Horn just as dawn is breaking

So for one last trip from port I'll ship but next time back I'm swearing
I'll settle down in my hometown and go no more seafaring

Nutty

Seadog

War Hero
This thread has lost its way. WB has the map and compass.

Huffnut Cringe wrote

What this man is insinuating by calling himself simple is that everyone in the navy of lesser rank is more simple than him,
No he isn't. Over the years, several senior officers have referred to themselves as for example 'simple soldiers'. Simple has several meanings other than simpleton. This sailor doesn't feel insulted though I do recognise the Admiral's 180 on detention and lame excuse. If he's there to advise, he should advise, not just tell Broon what he wants to hear.

Seadog said:
This thread has lost its way. WB has the map and compass.

Huffnut Cringe wrote

What this man is insinuating by calling himself simple is that everyone in the navy of lesser rank is more simple than him,
No he isn't. Over the years, several senior officers have referred to themselves as for example 'simple soldiers'. Simple has several meanings other than simpleton. This sailor doesn't feel insulted though I do recognise the Admiral's 180 on detention and lame excuse. If he's there to advise, he should advise, not just tell Broon what he wants to hear.
Firstly if WB has the map and compass then were doomed I tell you doomed.

Secondly on the good admirals behavour I do agree that as one of Broon's talents rather than a NuLabor apparachic he should both be allowed a personal view and not be browbeaten for having it, otherwise there is no value in him being there and his being there lends no additional credibility to the government.

wet_blobby

War Hero
The last few days have been quite interesting with more and more senior figures coming out of the woodwork and questioning the need for longer detention times. It all sadly makes the good Admiral look even more foolish for his speedy about face.

If he'd of stuck to his guns subsequent events would have backed him up. Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Now, how do I do a back bearing again?

In the eyes of the GBP and the media, this affair has said more about Brown's control freakery than West's 'simple sailor' image. When the proposal to extend the detention period to 56 days is dropped, West may well have the last laugh.

MOD EDIT,

By all means disagree with me or any other poster but make your post coherent. Don't use my words as your own, work out how to use the quote function. You are not as new here as your joining date suggests, are you?

marlinespike said:
MOD EDIT,

By all means disagree with me or any other poster but make your post coherent. Don't use my words as your own, work out how to use the quote function. You are not as new here as your joining date suggests, are you?
The Noble Lord West is succeeding in his Anti-Terrorist Guru role.
There has not been a single terrorist attack since the good New Labour come-over has been paid his £100,000 plus expenses annual salary in addition to his Admiral's pension.
So long as it's working ;that's fine.
Remember the GLC days when Ken Livingstone declared London-- A Nuclear Free Zone.
There has not been one , not one, nuclear attack since Red Ken uttered those immortal words. So we're in good hands with the retired Admiral

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
marlinespike said:
marlinespike said:
MOD EDIT,

There has not been a single terrorist attack since the good New Labour come-over has been paid his £100,000 plus expenses annual salary in addition to his Admiral's pension.
Remember the GLC days when Ken Livingstone declared London-- A Nuclear Free Zone.
There has not been one , not one, nuclear attack since Red Ken uttered those immortal words. So we're in good hands with the retired Admiral
hello norman

silverfox said:
marlinespike said:
marlinespike said:
MOD EDIT,

hello norman
'ello darlin'