Silver Jubilee Fleet Review 1977

I can't see if this has been posted before - if it has, apologies. Some interesting historical material from earlier reviews as well as the 1977 event.

Anyone recognise themselves?

You're right about the nostalgia, @Sumo. Droggy produced a commemorative chart that included the names of each ship and its captain, and I had a copy hanging on my wall until the sun faded it to illegibility.

I was bladdered down the Barbican and watched it on the box in the Three Crowns if that's any help, fortunately they didn't want to tow the old (floating) Defiance (ex-HMS Forth) up there to add to the numbers ;)

I was on Killick's course in Collingrad. We had been bad boys (it seems) and so we were rewarded with turning up at Ocean Terminal Southampton to pour usher the VIPs onto the correct boat/barge from the special trains and buses that arrived.

My what a brilliant day we had.............

Killicks course at Daedalus!!! Spent the review guarding helicopters that took part in the flypast.
Only good bit was one of my course mates following being told by an officer to pipe down. He said and I quote, "Leader of men? SIR - I wouldn't follow you in the shit house".
Followed by - "Who said that"?

Killicks course at Daedalus!!! Spent the review guarding helicopters that took part in the flypast.
Only good bit was one of my course mates following being told by an officer to pipe down. He said and I quote, "Leader of men? SIR - I wouldn't follow you in the shit house".
Followed by - "Who said that"?
Did you see the WAFU bits 3rd souvenir link?

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
I wuz there - HMS Plymouth, bastard to get ashore, pubs rammed, loads of pissed septics and other nations, didn,t bother after that
The RNR were on the Rothesay next door and had pussers rum - went around there

Made you proud to be a matelot though.....................................

I still have the chart on my hallway wall

thumbnail_IMG_0101.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0102.jpg