Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

silly question?

Not_a_boffin is correct by his above statement. Pingu is an animated Penguin from a popular children’s TV show. However, he has confused Pingu the Penguin with the Greek word Pingus.

While on the subject of Penguins, an interesting fact is these flightless winged creatures formed part of the diet of the “Cold Weather (CW) Junglie†during the 1982 Falklands Conflict.

The CW Junglie is similar to the third group of simian primates with the addition of a white Gagool (light weight plastic rain coat). The CW Junglie normally trains in Norway on exercises known as “Clockwork†(presumably meaning wind up and let go). During these training exercises the CW Junglie would survive on Moose’s Milk and Mars Bars. This training proved instrumental during the Falkland Islands Conflict of 1982. However, there was one flaw. A lack of Moose in the Falkland Islands and their surrounding territories meant the CW Junglie would need to find alternative nourishment as they could not survive solely on Mars Bars. Fortunately the Penguin became the alternative food supply and these were soon rounded up and guarded by 42 Commando RM. Some cases of abuse and sexual harassment towards the penguins were reported but all charges were dropped after the penguins were eaten.

The governor of the Falkland Islands Rex Hunt soon became aware that his Penguins were being eaten by CW Junglies and ordered the safe return of all Penguins (even if soiled). This meant that the MoD would have to supply moose’s milk to all CW Junglies world wide. It was later reported that one female penguin was smuggled back to the UK by a Royal Marine Commando. The Marine later married the penguin and they settled in the married patch at Rowner.

Moose’s Milk is, to this day still consumed by Junglies and is served at almost all Junglie Social events. The eating of penguins was declared an offence under the Naval Discipline Act (DCI 48/1982) and is punishable by 14 days 9’s.

Bwahahaha!!!!! And the mooses milkers gloves, stool and bucket all have a stores number...

BTW, Ocean girl is going to cause a riot with that avatar, esp if she suggests it was shot in the mess...... :afro:

Junglie_Lad, Your'e right. Far too much pinky shit in the back of a pinger that gets in the way for grubbers and as for the ASaC cabs a bloody nightmare...... Mind you, from what I've heard Pinkys, grubbers and greenies are a thing of the past. Whats all this AET stuff ?

Ocean Girl, feel free to coment.. I'm sure your'e wondering about Pinkys, Grubbers and Greenies....

I was a badger on the Albion during the Borneo thing…. fuelling Whirlwinds and Wessex…. so can a stoker be a junglie….or is it only airy fairies that get the honour……
Bearing in mind, I have defecated with the best… both in open and closed spaces and although I have never ate a penguin, I did once kick one up the arrse….and should the occasion arise ..I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again…

…..

UA as you are getting older and your eyesight may be suspect, are you certain that it was a Penguin that you kicked ***********, and not a Nun?

Hig..
Ok….. so I lied about the penguin….but the rest is believable…. so do I get to be an honorary junglie on account of we were (sort of) ground crew or are we going to see a lot of positive discrimination against stokers and I am going to be cast aside..

…

higthepig said:
UA as you are getting older and your eyesight may be suspect, are you certain that it was a Penguin that you kicked ***********, and not a Nun?
Hig shippers, how can a UA have suspect eyesight. I do believe you owe him an apology. :pukel:

UncleAlbert said:
I was a badger on the Albion during the Borneo thing…. fuelling Whirlwinds and Wessex…. so can a stoker be a junglie….or is it only airy fairies that get the honour……

…..
I was a Seaman on a lot of ships pushing WAFU's toys around the world. The short answer is NO!

Latest Threads