silliest enquiry ever

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by golden_rivet, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do I politely write and tell a woman the dates of the 2nd World War without sounding as if I'm taking the piss?????? Still she is Canadian so I suppose she starts off at a disadvantage being in a continent large numbers of whose occupants believe that the 2nd Word War started the year the USA decided that the bombing of Pearl Harbour was a step too far :dontknow:

Copied from blogs (original entry) - post comments here.
  2. Google for The Times, send her a copy from Sept 1939.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Why be polite? Point out the dates and thank her for her nations sacrifice, just slip in "you dumb fcuk" somewhere near the end of your reply.
  4. Also tell her we are soon to have electricity and the gas lamps will be no more. Along with gas tv!!!
  5. Just give her the facts.

Britain came to the rescue of the US and Europe during the War and our boys defeated Hitler after a few rounds. You could remind her too that America is still a British Colony and owes us £21,000,000,000,000,000 with interest in backdated tea tax revinues! :lol:
  6. AAC; she is Canadian, not American. Many, many Canadians died in WW2.
  7. Canada was, and even after the USA had decided to join in the RCN ran the Western part of the war against the U Boats. The RCN was a very significant force then.
  8. Hey lets not upset the Canadians they will pi55 in the mooses milk!!
  9. I thought they already did!
  10. perhaps you would like to send her a photo of the canadian war graves in france, where thousands of her countrymen are buried. along with the australians , kiwis,and many other foriegners who fought alongside us
    before the heroic yanks saved the world.
  11. Or just send me a picture of her and I'll decide the way ahead.

12. [​IMG]
  13. Kill it, kill it with fire.
  14. The bird with the Carlsberg T shirt....................erm..................anyone else got a hard on?
  15. I'd like to see that black catted on a gronk board :pukeleft:
  16. The Canadians were with us from the start or the War.

They helped keep us supplied during the longest battle, that of the Atlantic.
  17. It's the statue's twin in the process of smuggling a pair of Yokohama fenders.
  18. They were indeed, through thick and thin, and at great loss to themselves in both WW1 & WW2. Something we perhaps should bear in mind before we get too flippant?
  19. The fella in the hard hat is breaking contact because he knows he wouldn't be able to resist..