silliest enquiry ever

How do I politely write and tell a woman the dates of the 2nd World War without sounding as if I'm taking the piss?????? Still she is Canadian so I suppose she starts off at a disadvantage being in a continent large numbers of whose occupants believe that the 2nd Word War started the year the USA decided that the bombing of Pearl Harbour was a step too far :dontknow:

Copied from blogs (original entry) - post comments here.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Why be polite? Point out the dates and thank her for her nations sacrifice, just slip in "you dumb fcuk" somewhere near the end of your reply.

Just give her the facts.

Britain came to the rescue of the US and Europe during the War and our boys defeated Hitler after a few rounds. You could remind her too that America is still a British Colony and owes us £21,000,000,000,000,000 with interest in backdated tea tax revinues! :lol:

babystew

Lantern Swinger
perhaps you would like to send her a photo of the canadian war graves in france, where thousands of her countrymen are buried. along with the australians , kiwis,and many other foriegners who fought alongside us
before the heroic yanks saved the world.

The Canadians were with us from the start or the War.

They helped keep us supplied during the longest battle, that of the Atlantic.

Peebs said:
The Canadians were with us from the start off the War.

They helped keep us supplied during the longest battle, that of the Atlantic.
They were indeed, through thick and thin, and at great loss to themselves in both WW1 & WW2. Something we perhaps should bear in mind before we get too flippant?