Sikh couple barred from adopting white child due to ‘cultural heritage’

slim

War Hero
This was also on BBC South Today news at Lunchtime

How absolutelly rediculous.
Every child deserves a loving and safe home.
Who gives a sh!t what race that his adoptive parents are?
This couple offered a great chance for a child to be loved and cared for and were refused because of their race and heritage.

Comments pleas!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'm confused, they're saying they were told they can't adopt yet the article also states that " Adopt Berkshire told the Manders they could register for adoption "

So which is it?

slim

War Hero
I'm confused, they're saying they were told they can't adopt yet the article also states that " Adopt Berkshire told the Manders they could register for adoption "

So which is it?
There are two places where this is being highlighted the news article and todays South Today.
On lunchtime South Today it was stated that the organisation only had white children on their books and that they as non white would be unable to adopt. South Today also stated that the couple had now adopted but had gone to the USA to do so.
I hope that tonights South Today will give more information.
I worked in one place in China where many childless couples came and adopted unwanted Chinese babies. These children were always female. The fact that the adoptive parents were white American (normaly) had no bearing and most couples returned home very happily with a child.
I am sure that these children will never know how lucky they were being adopted by loving parents but I do hope that the parents respect the childs culteral heritage and teach her about China.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator

So which is it?
It's poor journalism.

They have not been barred. They have been advised that cultural heritage is a consideration, not an absolute, but chosen to interpret it as a barrier.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the case but as in all things, there is probably a lot more to this than meets the eye.

slim

War Hero
On South Today last night it was stated that the Adoption society will be putting its case in court today.
A verdict should be given on Thursday

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Not being funny.
But, coming from a back seat looking in, there’s a majority on here who are at loggerheads!
I, as others, remember when this site was a laugh etc. Not a bitchy game of spoof! You all want new joiners to sign up to this site, me too. But not to listen to a load of shite!

I’m probably going to get ripped for this, but, I think I’m passed it now.
Bring back the old RR I say! It was funnier and more relevant!
AC

slim

War Hero
Not being funny.
But, coming from a back seat looking in, there’s a majority on here who are at loggerheads!
I, as others, remember when this site was a laugh etc. Not a bitchy game of spoof! You all want new joiners to sign up to this site, me too. But not to listen to a load of shite!

AC
I think you will find that their is no majority at loggerheads.
This topic was started by me and was to encourage discussion by anyone who was interested in it.
You do not have to read it or if once you have read have no interest in the subject can then ignore it.
The old site will never return as what was acceptable then and known as then as banter has been changed by the annals of time.
Read some of the posts from 10 years ago and you will find many which were considered humerous then are unnaceptable now.
So if you want the site to flourish post some interesting topics that can be discussed in an adult manner.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I think you will find that their is no majority at loggerheads.
This topic was started by me and was to encourage discussion by anyone who was interested in it.
You do not have to read it or if once you have read have no interest in the subject can then ignore it.
The old site will never return as what was acceptable then and known as then as banter has been changed by the annals of time.
Read some of the posts from 10 years ago and you will find many which were considered humerous then are unnaceptable now.
So if you want the site to flourish post some interesting topics that can be discussed in an adult manner.
Nah.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Not being funny.

AC
Fill your boots fella. Show us old salts how you youngsters do it nowadays.

PS - no dick pics.

Latest Threads