Signing in Chits

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
wysiwyg said:
rosinacarley said:
they are a new thing for JPA apparently, we have them now!
Have I got it totally wrong or did I fall asleep during the presentation. I thought that JPA required us to enter our own data onto a computer??

Ahhh I've got it now. Perhaps KA does not have implicit faith in the wonderful computer network that we have!!!!

I understand that all reserve training will now take place at a naval establishment during the weekend with the majority of the time being taken up by queueing for a JPA terminal and then moving on to fill in a chit. Said chit to be passed back to unit permanent staff for onward transmission to the JPA help line when it is a) open and b) free from 25000 regulars trying to get through.

Result will be an increase in back problems for the cleaners and significant increase in landfill!!!

Cynical ......me........!!!!!!!!!
We had a JPA Brief a few weeks ago.
We will only need to use JPA to claim travel. Someone in the unit(not the Writers, as they are going) will input pay claims. CWTR confirmed this. Not sure if we need to use JPA to claim travel for a drill night, but as we don't submit C30's for drill nights, I suspect not.

itsamuppet

Lantern Swinger
Perhaps I didn't cover myself properly in the original. I have no problem with Health and Safety signing in and out, if thats whats its for. Can't see a signing in chit for PSI's though!!! The problem is as usual it was just brought in with no information attached, just the writer telling you as you came in that this was it. My query as well was it just one unit or an RNR thing. I will take it up the proper chain to get more info as to the reasons why, so that when I'm asked I can answer correctly. As I say I don't have a problem with the doing , just the lack of info why?
And Old Salt what time does your unit Drills start. Ours are 19:30 to 21:30.

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
itsamuppet said:
Perhaps I didn't cover myself properly in the original. I have no problem with Health and Safety signing in and out, if thats whats its for. Can't see a signing in chit for PSI's though!!! The problem is as usual it was just brought in with no information attached, just the writer telling you as you came in that this was it. My query as well was it just one unit or an RNR thing. I will take it up the proper chain to get more info as to the reasons why, so that when I'm asked I can answer correctly. As I say I don't have a problem with the doing , just the lack of info why?
And Old Salt what time does your unit Drills start. Ours are 19:30 to 21:30.
It's been an 'RNR thing' since 1987 when computerised pay came in. Pre- printed signing in chits used to be sent from Centurion. Maybe you should ask 'why haven't we be doing it before now?' How does your UPO know who to pay?

Latest Threads