Sifting process.

Discussion in 'RFA' started by EmmaJ, Jun 4, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys I recently received the following email. 'Further to your recent written test at the Armed Forces Careers Office, I am pleased to inform you that you achieved the required standard for entry into the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

Having been successful at this first stage of the recruitment process, your application will be held and appraised at the sift stage after which you will receive notification to say whether you have been sifted for interview.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact this office.'

So now sumising I am just at the waiting stage! I know people have waited number of different periods. Would you guys have an average time scale to hear anything and would it be call or email etc. I was so nervous about the test and didn't think I was passing as the actual Rn gave me a list of what I had passed for them and I hadn't for engineering. So they have different pass scores for the same role!

2. They send you an envelope, with all the stuff in it, including an interview date/time in Portsmouth.

Mine took 4 weeks, from receiving the same email you got. Others have took longer and some sooner.

Just keep badgering the postman. 'Is it here yet, is it here yet, is it here yet...!!'

Good luck..!

3. Do I attend a sift interview at my local afco first if successful or is it straight to Portsmouth?
    What stage are you at now?

4. the only interview you have is at Portsmouth

5. I'm at the stage of 'Thanks, but no thanks. Try again next year' :/

6. That sucks! That's what I'm dreading. But I shocked myself at the rt! Fingers crossed x

7. Brush up on your RFA knowledge, its 90% of the interview..!

8. Did you make it to interview??

9. Do you mean the organisation in general or do we need to know about the specific jobs we're going in for? I'm going in for Communications Apprentice but I don't really know how I could research or revise for this sort of thing. I know some of the engineering candidates have spoken about questions regarding motors and rudder assemblies but I'm just wondering what sort of questions a Comms candidate could expect?

My knowledge in that area is virtually non-existent but information on the RFA itself can easily be found.

10. I'd find out as much as you can about the actual job you're applying for. That's the other 10% :)

11. Lol so there's no sort of general interview questions where you have to talk about yourself as a person?

12. Oh yeah, there's a few of those all right.

Best advice is, just be yourself.

They're not trying to trick you or anything. The woman interviewer (Kate), is very nice.

13. Hope you have better luck on next years intake dude as well as yourselves EmmaJ and Greenation.

14. I need to get a interview first! Bit thanks!

15. I will find out in August if i have an interview or not according to the email i got this morning telling me i passed my test

16. What did your email look like. Mine never said anything about August?

17. This is an extract from it
    Having been successful at this first stage of the recruitment process, your application will be held and appraised at the sift stage (due to take place 03/08/15) after which you will receive notification to say whether you have been sifted for interview.

18. What position is that sift date for? Like EmmaJ, my email didn't give a sift date.

19. The engineering sift is September. And interviews start in October. I was speaking to a lady fromrfa

20. Apprentice Seaman