Sift

Discussion in 'RFA' started by spencergilroy, Jul 29, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I sat for my RT on Monday morning and have today received a letter in the post informing me I have met the required standard for entry to the RFA.

Now I need to play the waiting game and see what happens with the sift and whether or not I'm selected for interview.

Does anybody happen to know when they are conducting the sift process for chef apprentice and how long after that I can expect to be sitting for interview if I successfully pass the sift stage?

Regards

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

2. On average it takes most a year from application to starting at Raleigh. So I'd give each step 2 months and be happy if it was faster.

3. Phone Recruitment, they're a friendly bunch. I know there's a course starting end of September, so the next sift could be a while away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Chef apprentices have interviews this week and next week, so I'm sure the sift for them is August/September.

5. Sift comes before interviews for Ratings. Chef sift will have been a few months ago and interviews already taken place for the September intake. This week and next is Stewards, I had mine on Monday.

6. That's right was thinking about stewards and not chefs.
    How did ur interview go?

7. I thought it went well thanks. Couple of times I caught myself rambling lol, and you always think of one or two things afterwards you'd wished you'd said.
    Gonna feel like a long wait now.

8. Same for me yesterday haha.

9. KJF

KJF Midshipman

I had my interview on Wednesday thought it went alright aswell.
    They mentioned 3-4 weeks till they send the results like.