Sift Interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jacktaylor, Dec 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice regarding the sift interview. Is it acceptable to take cue cards into the interview just to serve as a prompt for the leadership questions?

Thanks

Jack

2. Jack

There is a thread on Rum Ration started by someone called Olly013 which might help you.

3. Come on, JT, do you really need to ask such a question? Of course it's not acceptable.

4. Why not just have your laptop with you so you can Google anything you get stuck on?

5. No, no, NO! Far to obvious.

Don't tell anyone else this. Write notes in biro on your thighs, then carefully cut holes in your trousers.

By careful and judicious 'trouser hole shuffling' you'll be able to access all your notes!

Sorted!!

Sounds a bit far fetched right? But it worked well for a thick as shit member of my Mech's course! Subsequently thrown out of boats when it was discovered he actually knew F-all!!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They might think he's a Freemason! Mind you, he'll easily piss BRNC then... :twisted:

7. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Tattoo all your responses to your arms. As long as they aren't visible in nos 1s you'll get away with it.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

8. There's no need for all this fuss. I think you'll find that in this new era of fairness and equality for all, that even if you don't get through this interview with any correct answers, they're not allowed to hold it against you. It's a win/win if you just sit there fat dumb and happy!

worked for me!