SIFT interview

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
Passed my RT two weeks ago, and a lieutenant took me out to explain the rest of the process - that I get the interview before the medical and fitness tests. But there was more details and I didn't write them down - so I'm hoping you guys know enough to please share?

I've filled out my medical questionnaire and had the eye test, that'll go off tomorrow, but do I need to contact the office about booking a SIFT interview or will they approach me?

Vader1234

I had my RT back in September and passed. Since then I have had an eye test, medical assessment and fitness test very recently. The next stage for me is sift interview but different AFCOs may have different ways of processing applications. Also heard they could be removing the sift interview stage and replacing with a 'career discussion' instead. Not sure on the validity of that nor how quickly it could be implemented. The AFCO should approach you in regard to the next stage but no harm in giving them a call.

photface

Lantern Swinger
The sift has apparently now been ditched in favour of smaller career discussions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM28

Midshipman
I'm applying as a warfare officer as well mate passed my rt end of march, passed eye test beginning of April and got my medical booked for the beginning of may. I was told I'll be given a date for my fitness test if I pass that so I'm guessing the interview will be after that so I wouldn't worry probably just different between the AFCO's, best of luck!

photface

Lantern Swinger
If it means less "when have you shown leadership" types of things, then I'm happy

I believe (from my conversation this afternoon with the cpo) that it is essentially very similar to the SIFT, but spread out into a few discussions, so that your ACLO can keep a closer eye on you prior to AIB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads