sift interview (officer) on 2nd april

Guns

War Hero
When I was an ACLO (Manchester-Sheffield-Hull 00-02) and swinging the lamp..........

I always found a nice packet of biscuits helped - only joking.

Be on time, be smart (clean and presentable), read all the stuff you have been sent, view the web site and please have an opinion on something.

If you do not understand a question say so. I was there to find out what you knew not what you didn't.

Ask questions as well. If you have done your homework something will crop up and now is the time to ask.

When sat there be confident, do not slouch and enjoy - this is when you get to talk to us and put yourself across as the one we have been looking for.

Ladies, do not wear too short a dress/skirt. The amount of times a young lady would sit there and know her skirt was too short and then become all self conscious of this. It takes your mind off the real business of impressing and learning about the exciting career that awaits.

IB08

Lantern Swinger
Right, ok, so is a suit the best thing to wear then as its important to be smart? And how often are there AIBs held? I couldnt find this information anywhere, and Id quite like to go to AIB as soon as I finish my college course in late May.

Guns

War Hero
The AIBs are regular but again a question you can put to the ACLO. Once they feel you are ready for AIB they will get the application process rolling and then it is just a matter of time, you filling in the paperwork, checks at AIB and a free date.

IB08

Lantern Swinger
HEY ALL! I passed my interview and have been recommended for AIB!!!! The officer is sending the forms required tonight by second class post, hopefully ill have em completed by the end of the weekend to send by secure delivery monday!! The ACLO said that early july is a likely date for my AIB, and that the AS levels that ive already done render me ok on the UCAS points requirement for officer entry, which is pretty good!! Thanks for all your adivce, i really appreciate it

IB08

Lantern Swinger
Thanks tO you both, it wasnt as bad as I expected to be honest, you are asked for examples of leadership, bullying and your experiences/views on it, your motivation for joining the royal navy, (this includes your knowledge of what happens at AIB and the different phases at BRNC), and also your career path in your chosen field. What your parents think of your chosen career, your views on drugs are also be covered. As for marks, 5 to 7 out of 10 is recmommend for AIB straight away, 8 to 10 out of 10 is excellent recommend for AIB striaght away. I got 7.5, so the ACLO is posted the forms second class post this evening. Where are you guys in the application process?

ajmarshall

Midshipman
I'm awaiting my interview - been given a date in May but i'm trying to get it changed to a closer time as I'm away. I'm hoping for an AIB date in September. Congrats on the 7.5, i didn't know they told you your score. What else do you have to complete before the AIB? Just the medical and security forms?

dave_88

Midshipman
I received my interview letter this week, I'm booked in for the 29th of April. Hoping for an AIB date in September-ish too.

sara21

Lantern Swinger
2 years ago this week I attended an initial interview with the my ACLO. I start BRNC in 3 weeks, be warned it feels like I've been waiting FOREVER!
Well done though guys, I'm sure my interview was just a 'chat' with the ACLO- I was wholly unprepared and knew nothing about the RN and still got put forward.

Sara