SIFT interview next week :-)

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by adrian9901, Sep 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all passed my fitness test this morning got a 10:03 dunno of that good or bad for a civvie :). Contacted my afco and told them who seemed happy. I then asked how long until my next stage in the application process he replied we will get it on writing from the fitness centre then we will send you a letter about your next step. Then 3 hours later I got a call saying I have my sift interview next week :) I'm really excited just have to prepare now.

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks very much

2. Oh Jeez!!

3. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Adrian, there is a search function at the top right of RR... on searching for "Sift interview" there were 110 replies, the majority of which contain advice of varying degrees of usefulness. The most interesting, if we can call it that, is linked below:

Click ye here!

Enjoy ;-)
  4. Hello magda thanks for the reply. I did use the search button and have read most of the replies I was asking for specific advice about the knowledge I should know about subs rather than the interview process it self.
  5. MOD EDIT:

Comments removed; insensitive and irrelevant.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Regardless of what you're going into, know about the whole service. Of course have your strength in submarine knowledge, but the Sift for me was more general.
  7. Hey all just to let you know i passed my interview :)
  8. Well done. Good luck with the next stages.
  9. Well done, all the best with the rest :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Excellent, well done Adrian :) Good luck with the AIB!