Sift interview next week.. well I think it is.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Sentenashi, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got a letter yesterday from a lieutenant asking to see me in Bristol AFCO next week. He said:

"This initial interview will enable me to outline the carreer options avaliable to you and cover the overall recruitment process in detail. Specifically, I will seek to gain an understanding of your level and career awareness in order that I can advise you on how to prepare for the AIB."

Sift? No sift?

What should I wear to this?

2. Nics and flip flops oppo you cant go wrong. FFS.
  4. Ta.
  5. Arent you 15 Sent? Assuming you're going in as an officer arent you 2/3 years away from gaining enough UCAS points?
  6. At 15 you are a litle young to be wearing a pin stripe suit. Try wearing your school uniform witht he tie correctly tied, the trousers nicely ironed and the shoes polished.
  7. What Slim said.
    Shirt and tie minimum.
    Best would be blazer, clean shirt, sober (difficult word for me) tie, pressed grey trousers or chinos and polished shoes. If you need a belt, make sure it is the same colour as your shoes (black with grey troose, poss brown with chinos). Do not wear white/loud socks.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Damn, anyone got some balck socks please?
  9. No sorry, got some BLACK ones though. Tsk, Standards. (Sh!@ better be careful with the spellchecking check from now on.)

If needs must young Sten, use the old Kiwi parade gloss to black up your ankles and upper feet, just try not to sweat and the AFCO Man will never know.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

[quote="NZ_Bootneck]....the AFCO Man will never know.[/quote]

Spot on, he'll be too busy fixing his computer (which is terrible at spelling). :thumright:
  11. There's me trying to help and you 2 b#ggers just take the p1ss.....
  12. Well thank you all for your intensley contructive and informative replies.

For those of you that have yet to see me post; this is all for a sixth form grant that I'm applying for.
  13. Well being as you're asking for money best you don't forget to keep touching your forelock and saying "Thank e kindly zur" :w00t: