SIFT Interview Failure

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Qbit, Jul 9, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I haven't been able to find any information about this so here we go.

I passed my recruitment test for officer and my SIFT Interview is lined up in a few weeks. If I fail, will I have the opportunity to join as a rating or will I have to apply again and do another test?

Thanks for any info

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you 'fail' sift, there's usually a time caveat and guidance on what course of action you must take to continue an application to join as an Officer.

It's perfectly acceptable to switch your application to rating if you wish. All selection elements transfer & the only thing you'd need to undertake is a rating selection interview.

Speak to your AFCO and ask what rating roles are open to you given your recruit test score and academic attainment.

• Old Old x 1
  3. Cheers for the info and quick reply
    Obviously I'm hoping not to fail but since I'm 16 and I'm applying for the grant for college and uni I don't have too much leadership experience to talk about so I'm slightly worried
    Thanks again though