Sideways entry to Communications Technician?

Hi, I’m new to this so please bear with me.

I’m currently joining the Royal Navy, I’ve always loved working on computers and the role of communication technician really appeals to me. But the thing is when I was leaving school nearly 14 years ago I didn’t care much for GCSE’s.

I’m quite good on computers, when I was 24 I started my own online recruitment business with only a few hundred pounds. I spent hours learning everything online and created the website and everything else associated myself. My first month I managed to get near 10,000 job applications and the business eventually got a valuation of 400k.

I’m not joining the Royal Navy for the money, I’m nearly 30 and want to start a career with computers and lots of travel!

I’m interested in joining CIS, I know it is a completely different role to CT, but I was just wondering if there was any way to sideways entry into CT through CIS once I got my GCSE’s?

Thank you for any help

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There is probably a greater chance of an in-service transfer from CIS to CT in numerical probability but it is by no.means assured.

The only certain route to becoming a CT is by joining as one.