Shoulder injury

Waspie

War Hero
Do you know if it'll ever go back to normal at all?
Only a Doctor will tell you that.

You have to appreciate, this is an Unofficial naval site with folk like yourself and many of us old ex serving.

We could tell you you'd be fine, when the reality could be far different. So we would raise your hopes and expectations whilst a properly medically qualified professional would dash them!!

Your choice!!!! (I know where and who I would believe).

St.Michel

Only a Doctor will tell you that.

You have to appreciate, this is an Unofficial naval site with folk like yourself and many of us old ex serving.

We could tell you you'd be fine, when the reality could be far different. So we would raise your hopes and expectations whilst a properly medically qualified professional would dash them!!

Your choice!!!! (I know where and who I would believe).
Yeah you're completely right It's just the harsh reality of it being what it is.

I know I have to go and see someone regardless what the result is going to be and think that's what worries me the most but I understand what you mean.

Stirlin

War Hero
I am guessing you are early/late teens , your bones are still on the soft side and it is better you receive treatment at this early stage to injury as it will heal quicker , ask me how I know.

Sumo

War Hero
I am guessing you are early/late teens , your bones are still on the soft side and it is better you receive treatment at this early stage to injury as it will heal quicker , ask me how I know.
If you are talking about when you were young, your memory is still OK

St.Michel

Yeah I'm 22 I just hope there is treatment for whatever I've got and hoping it doesn't take too long.

I'm guessing you were over traning possibly?

Stirlin

War Hero
Yeah I'm 22 I just hope there is treatment for whatever I've got and hoping it doesn't take too long.

I'm guessing you were over traning possibly?

Nope , I had a very heavy fall on HMS Forth at the age of 17 and fractured the left neck of femur .
Six weeks in traction at BMH Singapore then six weeks on crutches . During the six weeks in traction as the bones were still soft it stretched my left leg by half an inch which gave me a slight limp.
Army Captain orthopaedic surgeon suggested I '' learn '' to walk at five to twelve instead of five to one.....it worked . No contact sport for eight years to give the bones time to harden up , had a game of rugby league at age 23 and first double tackle on me I felt it so switched from pack to left centre for the remains of the game. I tried another game as a civvy some years later and came off after five minutes as I felt it again , bang went my playing days.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Do you know if it'll ever go back to normal at all?
Nope! We used to know one of Europe's top shoulder surgeons, who has pioneered an operation for such injuries. The arm has to be totally immobilised for 8 weeks at least after the op. And even then there is no guarantee of success.

You may well just have strained it. As said above, get to see somebody who knows what they are talking about!

I see I'm a bit older than you, :)rolleyes:) but I was still very fit and active. I've had physio and some cortisone, which helps, but I think an operation will do more harm than good - in my case. It didn't help when later on I slipped on our very steep drive, fell over and......... yes - landed on my dominant arm - as you do!

St.Michel

Nope! We used to know one of Europe's top shoulder surgeons, who has pioneered an operation for such injuries. The arm has to be totally immobilised for 8 weeks at least after the op. And even then there is no guarantee of success.

You may well just have strained it. As said above, get to see somebody who knows what they are talking about!

I see I'm a bit older than you, :)rolleyes:) but I was still very fit and active. I've had physio and some cortisone, which helps, but I think an operation will do more harm than good - in my case. It didn't help when later on I slipped on our very steep drive, fell over and......... yes - landed on my dominant arm - as you do!
I'll definitely try and find someone to see by the end of the day and I definitely will be avoiding any operations I also though that cortisone banned you from joining the forces that's why I've been trying to avoid my GP.