Should we have non-commando trained marines?

RoyalMarineNZ said:
Never rattled by by ill formed and ignorant views..but thanks for apologising to our superb Musicians who will be soon.....fighting alongside green bereted booties in Afghanistan...as they did in Iraq and Kosovo. Havent seen your posts on your service Lukep....will look for them.
RMNZ...
Ps I have not reinvented myself just joined.....

I am thinking the land of the long white cloud is a rest home for booties :thumright: .

How anybody who has marched behind the finest military band in the world can say they are not Royal Marines has to be a joke!!

Besides the Commando role the next best advert for the corp has to be the band if not the first.

I remember Eddie The Rat his regular comment Royal Marines Glorified Bandsmen. A typical ex deck ape comment taken daily as light hearted banter.

To sew on that R under the commando flash was beyond me I never did pass the micro sewing course.

Running the lanes daily/nightly and yomping the moorland and mountains to keep to the fitness level required of a Royal Marine then a "So you are in the TA" used to piss me off big time the local TA unit being a beer belly unit looking like shite and acting like shite. Nothing has changed just they have a new building.

The Royal Marines band are Royal Marines. :thumright:

Lost_Boy

Midshipman
StickyBlue - The 'Trained Bands' mentioned in the Corps Citation refers to trained (war)bands of mercenaries, not to musical bands. Least that's the sketch I was given back in training.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Lost_Boy said:
StickyBlue - The 'Trained Bands' mentioned in the Corps Citation refers to trained (war)bands of mercenaries, not to musical bands. Least that's the sketch I was given back in training.
Aye, that's the real definition of 'Bands' as it applies to the 17th Century.
Still it would have been fun doing a section attack with some of this kit. (NOT)
http://www.usd.edu/smm/1617ckl.html#cklist :thumright:
NZB

The_Wonderer

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
It's a bit of a slim line between having Non Green Lidded Chefs or Clerks and then the excreta hitting the fan and those bods being required to act as Riflemen, which if I recall correctly is every Royal Marines 'Proper' job no matter their SQs or AQs.
NZB

What he said!

Should we have non trained chefs, medics, or pilots too?

:roll: