should we be worried ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Graybags, Jul 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nah, not unless you live in Tokyo.

Bugger all chance of a war out there because they actually do have weapons of mass destruction, and those things are dangerous.

2. Nah, nothing to worry about. An Arliegh Burke-class destroyer joins the 7th Fleet. Whoopity-doo. Joining the how many already there?.
    It was probably a routine redeployment, relieving another ship for rotation home, and the press picked up on it and decided to ramp up the fear factor in order to sell a few more papers/get airtime/ratings.

IMHO, the only way we're going to start shooting at North Korea, is if they start firing LIVE missiles at Japan/South Korea/us. As seajay pointed out, they already have nukes, and a pre-emptive strike would be a little too risky.

3. The Navies of any country don't move that fast, it must have been planned a while ago. Koreans are mad, and they like pissing people off, but I really don't think they are stupid enough to go to war with nukes............ I hope.....gulp 8O

4. I think we are far enough away from any blue on blues!

5. Far enough away? That'll probably change once George phones Tony but at this rate we'll have to commission the Torpoint Ferry with a complement of Sea cadets.

:roll: :wink: :twisted:

6. And the Cremyl & Dartmouth ferries as a backup!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

7. Nothing to worry about at all.

Emperor Tony is away soon on his hols and TWO SHAGS will be in charge.

8. And we have horse features "THE BECKET" as Foriegn Sec , so nowt to worry about at all , Oh I nearly forgot we have Des Brown the human rights lawyer as Defence Sec , so definately ok :roll: :twisted: