should we be worried ?

Nah, not unless you live in Tokyo.

Bugger all chance of a war out there because they actually do have weapons of mass destruction, and those things are dangerous.

Nah, nothing to worry about. An Arliegh Burke-class destroyer joins the 7th Fleet. Whoopity-doo. Joining the how many already there?.
It was probably a routine redeployment, relieving another ship for rotation home, and the press picked up on it and decided to ramp up the fear factor in order to sell a few more papers/get airtime/ratings.

IMHO, the only way we're going to start shooting at North Korea, is if they start firing LIVE missiles at Japan/South Korea/us. As seajay pointed out, they already have nukes, and a pre-emptive strike would be a little too risky.

The Navies of any country don't move that fast, it must have been planned a while ago. Koreans are mad, and they like pissing people off, but I really don't think they are stupid enough to go to war with nukes............ I hope.....gulp 8O

Far enough away? That'll probably change once George phones Tony but at this rate we'll have to commission the Torpoint Ferry with a complement of Sea cadets.

:roll: :wink: :twisted:

SILVER_FOX said:
Far enough away? That'll probably change once George phones Tony but at this rate we'll have to commission the Torpoint Ferry with a complement of Sea cadets.

:roll: :wink: :twisted:
And the Cremyl & Dartmouth ferries as a backup!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

And we have horse features "THE BECKET" as Foriegn Sec , so nowt to worry about at all , Oh I nearly forgot we have Des Brown the human rights lawyer as Defence Sec , so definately ok :roll: :twisted:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle Diamond Lil's 16
finknottle Diamond Lil's 45
PartTimer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13