Should the "veil" be banned

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brazenhussy, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A MURDER trial was halted after a woman juror was caught listening to her MP3 player under a Muslim headscarf.

The woman – in her 20s – slipped earphones under her sequinned headdress so she could hear her favourite tunes rather than the ­evidence.

The judge heard the tinny beat of the music but thought he had imagined it.

The final straw came when a fellow juror spotted tell-tale wires coming from the woman’s hijab while the accused man was giving evidence.

She was thrown off the jury at London’s Blackfriars Crown Court and arrested for contempt of court. She now faces prison and a fine, or both.
    (taken from the sunday express)

2. I like the Aussie attitude. Do things our way or piss off back where you came from
    geoff(ers) :nemo:

3. My thought entirely!

4. Here here!!

5. While we're at it ban the religion as well..

6. Ditto to the above ,

7. Double Ditto (Black cat that)

8. I'm sure I read this thread somewhere else on this site, where it was done to a grim and miserable death. Current Affairs perhaps...?

9. The woman concerned should be named, shamed and told to F off back to her country of origin where she can then listen to IPOD music all day. If she doesnt wanna play by our rules and laws - piss off!

I am sick of liberals and bleeding heart brigades spouting thier 'party line' I want a return to the Aussie values we had in 1970'sa where we still do our stuff and let those who wanna integrate with us do so. All this segregation stuff in the UK is eroding the quality of life for all.

political correctness P***es me off too... but I'll save that for another thread.

10. Do it with us or bugger off ! shit ! just got dripping from my bacon sandwich on my keyboard

11. I have to agree with "geoffg" and the Aussie attitude :w00t:

12. Unfortunatly was in Oz when that [email protected] from quantanimo bay was granted leave to come to UK cos his grandmother had an english pasport. We were the laughing stock for quite a few weeks. Won the ashes though.

13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Would banning the veil be the death of "the dance of the seven veils" or wearing a wedding veil?

14. Ah well! small price to pay...We can't have it all our own way.

15. Perhaps it's not in the tabloids, but there was some discussion on Radio 4 yesterday about a Dentist who was censured in court for attempting to insist on his patients wearing the veil. I think he was done under equal opportunity legislation and the HRA.

It cuts both ways.

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I too saw this story, can't remember where but remember thinking something along the lines of "good, what goes around, comes around" I also wondered how wearing a veil to the dentists could be helpful when at the end of the day the blokes got to look in your mouth not at a bit of cloth. Fair play to the fcukers that want to walk around looking like black letterboxes but they wear this style of dress for religeous purposes so only there husbands get to see there faces, again fair enough if that's what floats your boat. However, since islam has been around longer than modern dentistry do they have to get special permission to take the veil off to see a dentist?

17. All he received was a slap on the wrist from the Dental body. But he is supposed to be a brother of a die-hard Islamic extremist, so you could say he knew what he was doing.

18. My mistake, it was the Hijab, not the veil, that he seemed to expect.

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So he was a Muslim, his brother was a "die-hard Islamic extremist" (please explain that definition), so by association he was a potential threat also...?! FFS! :roll:

"D'ya hear there! Black shirts are now being issued from SLOPS. All racist bigots are to attend..." 8O

20. That depends on what the bride looks like.