Should the RN bring back hammocks?

• Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I am not sure (too young see...)

• Total voters
There have been a lot of favourable comments on RR about the delights of hammocks versus sleeping in bunks. I though it might be interesting to see how many would like to see hammocks restored onboard?

Steve.

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
There have been a lot of favourable comments on RR about the delights of hammocks versus sleeping in bunks. I though it might be interesting to see how many would like to see hammocks restored onboard?

Steve.
What sort of a sick pervert have you turned into?

What, you want to go back to things like cork insulation and smoked bacon? Grow up shippers, or get some experience. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dabs said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

Steve.

What, you want to go back to things like cork insulation and smoked bacon? Grow up shippers, or get some experience. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Go back to smoked bacon? I love the stuff! :D

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
Dabs said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

Steve.

Go back to smoked bacon? I love the stuff! :D
NO, you keep the shit, it was fcuking horrible crap.
Hey man, listen to this. I remember coming off the morning watch during a gale. I rolled into the Junior Rates and picked up my platter, slurged some meat and grease out of the bacon tray, slopped some beans in place and grabbed a dry slice.

I sat at the only table that was occupied by about four other blokes (out of the entire ships company) and trapped the smallest piece of bacon I could find onto my thumb with my fore finger. Sneezing rather loudly, I displaced said piece of bacon onto the platter of the nearest hardy matelot and cleared the dining hall. I thought it was funny as **** at the time, but on reflection, well man. I learn't a very serious lesson. And serious lessons are made up of lumps and bruises. :cry:

dondon said:
Stick to bunks , :roll:

must have been a big ship sailor----------------

only bad thing about a 'mick was going on draft with it -which wasn't funny.

Then they issued them onboard with a choice of hammock or camp bed.

In roughers in me mick wiv a bag meal --luxury . :lol: :lol:

dondon

MIA
Greenie said:
dondon said:
Stick to bunks , :roll:

must have been a big ship sailor----------------

only bad thing about a 'mick was going on draft with it -which wasn't funny.

Then they issued them onboard with a choice of hammock or camp bed.

In roughers in me mick wiv a bag meal --luxury . :lol: :lol:

Chichester [hammock]
Ark Royal , Crofton , Danae , Argonaut , Hecla , [bunks]

andym

War Hero
Lingyai said:
Dunno about hammocks, but try getting matelots to design ships, that would help.......... a lot !!!!

So we would have a massage Parlour, a Bar with 24 hour opening with huge screen TV,Swimming pool,Billiards room(complete with velcro balls for roughers)Single cabins,jacuzzi and a Sauna.Where would the rest of the stuff go?On a raft towed astern? :lol: :lol:

andym said:
Lingyai said:
Dunno about hammocks, but try getting matelots to design ships, that would help.......... a lot !!!!

So we would have a massage Parlour, a Bar with 24 hour opening with huge screen TV,Swimming pool,Billiards room(complete with velcro balls for roughers)Single cabins,jacuzzi and a Sauna.Where would the rest of the stuff go?On a raft towed astern? :lol: :lol:

What, you don't have this already? 8O

Latest Threads