Should soldiers be fitted with a tag or tracker?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Nails, May 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This got me thinking. Maybe all soldiers in the forces should be fitted with a personal tracker or tag. Maybe an implant that is surgically placed somewhere in the body that can only be removed by a surgeon with a special tool.

This would stop people going awol and also make it possible to find soldiers who have gone missing in battle. The soldier could be pinpointed by satalite and found u see.

2. Isnt that against their human rights if they are sergiacally implanted into them?
  3. Not really. At the end of the day, if you're a soldier you belong to the MOD and you are not free anyway. It would also be made clear before joining up. I believe this should happen to criminals in prison too. Criminals and soldiers basically.
  4. Just think what would happen if a terrorist group or The Enemy (the French) got hold of the tracking device! Anyway voyurism is a sexual perversion. Also do we really want to know the extent of the Chief Stoker's hot bedding activities and who he's slept with?

5. Lol
  6. Dont feed the troll/moron
  7. yes
  8. Imagine if some nasty fcuker marketed the tracker to wives, never mind the friggin French, and my missus resembles a terrorist when shes upset.
    Bad Idea. :twisted: