Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Title?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by trelawney126, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With their devious and underhand ways, their behaviour as demonstrated to the public is far from honourable.
    The current bunch in All parties demonstrate a complete ignorance of morals and have ignored the general poblic to a point which beggars belief.
    Their gift for "Terminological Inexactitude" or being more than economical with simple truths are to say the least are breathtaking. Unfortunately this behaviour has spread like a secondary cancer which now pervade all levels of government right down to the civic powers.
    Why are they afforded the title Right Honpurable! :evil:

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Only Privy Councillors are 'Right Honourable'. Ordinary MPs are 'the Honourable member'. Sick joke really.

3. Re: Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Titl

"Honourable/Right Honourable " is only their opinion and doesnt count

4. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

As far as I know the 'Privy Councillors' are in a position where they can advise Her Majesty. I would have thought though that advice on how to fiddle your expense claims would not be appropriate. To me all it means is a bit more 'kudos' for the people who are 'in' with the PM.

Cynical, Moi?

5. Cynics are never incorrect (granny)!

6. A PC is awarded to senior Ministers, party leaders and can be bestowed on others for personal service to the sovereign. A recent example is Sir Robin Fellowes, the Queen's Private Secretary, who prior to being elevated to the Lords was made a Privy Councillor. I understand that Granny who in his capacity as the Laird of Whale Island is also a PC. ;)

7. As far as I know the 'Privy Councillors' are in a position where they can advise Her Majesty.

You mean on their knees, deciding on Sorbent or recycled?? 8O

8. Re: Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Titl

IMHO 'No' (or should that be 'Non' considering that France will soon be our governor ??)

These disreputable, dishonest parasites do not deserve the honorific 'Honourable', but unfortunately those in the House, and their supporters, can't see past their pockets.

What makes it worse, those that will stand down at the next election will get massive taxpayer funded subsdies to allow them to resettle back into our society. :pukel:

9. Re: Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Titl

:evil: Are these gutless snivelling curs :x the same trash that tell us about "Hard choices"and cut backs to come? The first folk the Rupert ,Bullingdon Tory boys pick on are the weak and the sick. I have a long long memory and will never forget what the scumbags did to the Prison Service with stopping expenses on after training postings[we did'nt call it drafting] When a recruit from Gordie land could be sent to Dartmoor and receive no financial help. :roll: Now the swine have been exposed for the trash that they are and it's payback time they cringe and cry like scum. :x I'll make sure that none pollute my home by canvassing come election time or any time. I hold them all in total contempt.:evil: :twisted: :x

10. Re: Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Titl

Interestingly that sum will be based on length of service and age (see linky 2 below), whilst at the same time other public sector employees are shortly to be subject to a maximum of 2 years pay.

http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/pensions/compensation-scheme.aspx

LINKY 2 (see pp51-52): http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/rp2008/rp08-031.pdf

Compare that to what, say, Norwegian Members of the Storting get.... (see pp9-11 below):
    http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-05050.pdf

11. Re: Should MP's be Entitled to Use "The Rt. Honourable" Titl

I think PATB would be a more appropiate title. :lol: