should I reapply?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ToryBoy, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I completed the application process about a year ago, including security clearance, and was due to start training. (I still had the fitness test and Raligh to do)

Stupidly, I bottled it at the last minute and didn't show up to training.

I got a letter saying my application had failed.

I have now seen sense and really regret my unprofessional conduct at that time, and would really like to join the RNR. (Eaglet is the nearest)

Do you lot think I should re-apply, or have I blown it?

Advice very gratefully recieved.
  2. isnt going to look good is it? try it anyway mate I would, never give in but saying that dont give in last minute either :)
  3. As you very correctly state it wasn't the most sensible thing you could have done was it- but you are half way there by being up front and admitting it. Problem is, you're admitting it on a forum and not in an AFCO. I've no idea whether you have blown it but it would surprise me to be honest.

As in all these cases, get down your AFCO, tell them what you've told us, and why you think it will be different this time round. The worst they can do is tell you to ram it, at which point I'm afraid you will just have to suck it back and accept it. However, if you don't ask, you won't ever know and might always wonder.

I'm sure one of the AFCO types (e.g. Ninja) will pop up when they've had time to find out the actual situation but I think my point still stands. Deep breath, be contrite, get down the office and do it face to face.

Good luck
  4. There speaks the voice of experience.............Not.
    Once again giving advice that you are not qualified to give.

Best thing is to wait for one of the two resident recruiters to reply, they will give you an honest answer. Now theirs are the voices of experience. :thumright:
  5. yea true slim, I suppose you really need qualifications to help each other out and say try again, think its more teamwork
  6. The qualifications needed to give advice are not necessarily paper qualifications, perhaps if you had been in the same position as the person asking the question your advice may have been relevant. As it was your advice was utter crap.
    Now I know nothing about gays wanting to join the RN as I do not have a Brown Hat I would not consider myself qualified to advise. However we do have members who could.
  7. Well assuming does not get people far either, Im not gay and never said I was, but as you keep bringing it up its obvious its being used to try and really hurt my feelings dude!!.. you are making me really want to cry, damn Ive let a tear drop
  8. I suppose your qualified as a twat anyway slim
  9. Highly qualified, done my test passed
  10. join the crew, me too I suppose
  11. Why ask here feck wit?
    You, and only you alone can make the next move..If you have to ask for advice then all you are doing is trying to shift the ramifications, of reapplying or not from YOU to someone else.
    Grow some balls and a spine..
    Action 1...Reapply, say you think you made an error 1st time round.
    Outcome could be:-
    1. Told to p!ss off because when you were given the opportunity to join you WIMPED OUT.
    2. Please come and Join use ToryBoy, as we have an opening, and you could be the person to fill the gap.

Being a cynical old bastard I if I was in a position of reviewing you application, I would give you a feck off pill.

Stay with the RNR you will fit in well.

12. if you cant handle it the first time around dont re aplply we all been through that shit we stuck with it and i cocuur with pincher my sentiments entirely for the grandad
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Based on what you've told us, in a word... NO!! :roll:
  14. Now that Sgt, is what I call Clear and succinct.

I just love clarity of purpose. Keep it up..BZ
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sorry. Won't happen again... :oops: :thumright:
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Probably a change in attitude to your previous post on the subject would help you put forward a viable case to be reconsidered:

Doubtless you'll be greeted with open arms.

A few tips this time around:

1. Medical appointments usually take about 2-3 hours & cost around 100 squid each.

2. Security Clearance costs at least £2,500 a pop.

3. People joining regular service also have day jobs & have to take time off to attend appointments too.

Good luck.
  17. Hi Ninja
    I take it you don't think I stand much chance then!?
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My advice would be to at least ask the question at the AFCO, you may even be pleasantly surprised.
  19. Thanks Ninja
    I'd forgotten how much sense people talk on this site.