Should i go to Holding Troop?

Discussion in 'RMR' started by TheRust, Jun 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys

I went to the RMR induction on the 5th May. I have just had a phone call from the Recruitment Officer at the RMR asking me if i had been attending Holding Troop. I wasnt told that i should be attending it, should i go down there tommorow and start?? Will they let me do the Holding Troop thing? Or do you start after you've been interviewed and that?? I aint got a bloody clue!?

2. Answer to your question would be a yes mate. Its a good way of seeing what the Corps is about and what kind of phys you are expected to do. Also, it shows commitment during the selection process.

3. But mate, i havent been interviewed or anything, wouldnt they just fob me off?? What do i say when i go there and get to the reception desk??

Thanks mate.
  4. What unit are you looking to Join?

Also you should take Phys rig, just incase you other holding troop members are there.

Cheers :thumright:
  5. Im in the Liverpool Detachment mate.
    Whats Phys rig? Im new to all this mate, take it easy with all the short term words. haha!!

6. Phys rig = physical training kit ;)
  7. Iwas in the predicament as you fella. I ended up phoning the recruitment Sgt in the end and he was a little miffed, and surprised I hadnt been invited to holding.
    He told me to just turn up on tuesdays.
    Providing you've been selected / accepted etc, you should be OK to go tomorrow.
    I'd phone if I was you
    (check your PM's I'll give you the number)
  8. Physical training kit = Towel, Shorts, t-shirt, Trainers??
  9. Yes. Shorts, t-shirt, trainers. And a towel and wash kit.