Should I be worried

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by finknottle, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a bank account number and a mobile number and they both contain 3 consecutive sixes within the full number.

Will I start to grow horns a tail and cloven feet?
  2. I`m not sure, put up your full bank number and it`ll give us a better idea.
  3. Do you want my sort code and account name as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. Not unless you feel comfortable accepting mnoney he's extorted from the union fodder he professes to look after
  5. I considered, very briefly I hasten to add giving a reasoned response to your wild, unsupported twaddle but do you know I cannot be arsed.
  6. This your bank?

7. No and this is a serious matter, I also have 1 testicle smaller than the other, is that another mark?
  8. Three consecutive sixes are not unlucky but six consecutive sixes are.
    I still have the scar where smudge hit me when he upended the table when I took his blob.
  9. Has Tamnottle's account been hacked? A humerous first post!? Whatever next?

10. Finks you do not have these already? I am surprised!

I have to agree with Rummers, we had to cancel our uckers League as it became too violent, those multiple sixes are deadly
  11. Finks do not let Rocket Ron near you car with a camera

Using my Visa Card which, is linked directly to your Bank Account to pay for goods

The young man behind the counter took my card, swiped it, then laid it on the counter as he waited for the approval, which is pretty standard procedure, keeps your card inview

While he waited, he picked up his cell phone and started dialling.
    I noticed the phone because it is the same model I have, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Then I heard a click that sounded like my phone sounds when I take a picture.
    He then gave me back my card but kept the phone in his hand as if he was still pressing buttons.
    Meanwhile, I'm thinking: I wonder what he is taking a picture of, oblivious to what was really going on.

It then dawned on me: the only thing there was my credit card, so now I'm paying close attention to what he is doing..
    He set his phone on the counter, leaving it open.

About five seconds later, I heard the chime that tells you that the picture has been saved.
    Now I'm standing there struggling with the fact that this boy just took a picture of my credit card.
    Yes, he played it off well, because had we not had the same kind of phone, I probably would never have known what happened.
    Needless to say, I immediately cancelled that card as I was walking out of the shop.
    All I am saying is, be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Whenever you are using your card take caution and don't be careless.
    Notice who is standing near you and what they are doing when you use your card.
    Be aware of phones, because many have a camera these days
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sumo i have heard of that trick, i would have punched the little p*rick.
  13. My unwise and youth full self would have taken that action, these days the little scrote would call the plod
    and you are in shit for GBH or similar. New modern me is act normal cancel card, report to fraud squad, let little shit get what they deserve.
  14. Anther one some one sent me

A man at a local restaurant paid for his meal with his credit card.

The bill for the meal came, he signed it and the waitress folded the receipt and passed the credit card along.

Usually, he would just take it and place it in his wallet or pocket. Funny enough, though, he actually took a look at the card and, lo and behold, it was the expired card of another person.

He called the waitress and she looked perplexed.

She took it back, apologized, and hurried back to the counter under the watchful eye of the man.

All the waitress did while walking to the counter was wave the wrong expired card to the counter cashier, and the counter cashier immediately looked down and took out the real card.

No exchange of words --- nothing! She took it and came back to the man with an apology..

Verdict: Make sure the credit cards in your wallet are yours.

Check the name on the card every time you sign for something and/or the card is taken away for even a short period of time.

Many people just take back the credit card without even looking at it, 'assuming' that it has to be theirs.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Business trip to Moscow couple of years ago.

Took some customers out for a meal offerd my credit card for payment, After a couple of minutes waiter came back with my
    card and a pair of scisors " very sorry sir the cerdit card company have instructed me to cut up your card as it is over limit"
    snip snip.

First very red face in front of customers, then think strange this was a company credit card ( very very big international
    company) no way could be over limit. Waiter was just about to leave with the snippets, grabbed them off him and put them back together, And see there not my card.
    Big argument police called waiter taken away.

As Sumo already said when using your card be cautious
  16. One of my oppos was mugged for his jeans in Moscow, had his leg broken in the process, sounds like a nice place?
  17. was always happy to get out of there in one piece. Not a nice place to try to do business.

18. Not the last time I checked but I do have a dick the size of a Vim Tin.

Now uckers, the fucking maintainers in the Aft PO's Mess on Fife used to keep us all awake playing fucking uckers through the night. So when we were alongside one night and I was duty, the ship was like the Mary Celeste I took the offending table up to the upper scupper and gave it a float test. The wailing and gnashing of teeth that followed when the inconsiderate twats realised that the beautifully hand painted table had gone adrift had to be seen to be believed. It was without doubt one of my finest moments.
  19. Aa Ha...Naked Finknottle revealed.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Some cautionary tales there regarding using your plastic.