Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Faye Turney return to fight in the Gulf?

Should Faye Turney return to fight in the Gulf?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Taken from another forum............... so what do you all think??

yes or no??
these were two of the posts on the forum i "borrowed" this from........

Brave? oh yeah, im sure she's REALLY putting herself in the line of fire a few miles out to sea.

Quite frankly i'm sick and tired of hearing about her, sick and tired of this paper trying to make this some great patriotic feel-good story when most people both on this board and in the public at large feel nothing but disgust and shame at the actions of these personel and this goverments handling of the crisis.

You're told to not antagonize your captors when captured, that does NOT mean you start allowing yourself as a propaganda tool against your country.

If these were Americans, i suspect they'd already have been discharged at least. But then again, it would have have happened in the first place.

I can only imagine the Commander of the Cornwall is being strong armed as i certainly wouldn't want her back on my ship and i imagine the reception will be considerably frosty. The used to throw Jonahs overboard y'know
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faye Turney has turned down a posting on land because she wants to return to active duty with HMS Cornwall ASAP.
I know she's come in for a lot of criticism, but considering what she went through I think this shows a considerable degree of bravery.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Of course she should - its her job. Will she? ah - thats another question entirely.

and by the way...wish I was a bottle of JD.....

PAVEWAY_3

Badgeman
Brazen hussey I agree with you it is all a little boring now. However the only way to get passed this boredem is to take the [email protected] Surely the term
''fight'' is a little too much.What fight are you on about? The fight for the galley? the fight for the Naafi?.Ok she will get a hard time now but hopefully for her it will all blow over. The thing is the SUN grabbing this and turning it into the forces favorite is a load of balls. The SUN dont give a flying feck about Faye or anyone else in the forces. They just want to sell papers.

Of course she should go back.
Just imagine the craic the boys will have........

"Give me a sub, Topsy!"

Mind you, I don't imagine she'll be too happy.

quin

Midshipman
Course she should go back ' back to the Arctic and see if a Jap whaling fleet can harpoon the beast.

Anyone asked the ships crew if they want her back after this weeks antics???? Not that they'll have much say in the matter.

I think she should go back out to the gulf as soon as possible.
As she's such a brave tough fighter, maybe she could don dessert cams and help out the Army, for about 16 years?

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Of course she should go back to Cornwall…

I'm sure the crew will be delighted to hear her tales of derring do battling with all those Journos at Point Blank Cheque

PAVEWAY_3

Badgeman
Lamri .We dont want her mate.She would be an aiming mark for any passing mortar team. Its bad enough having Prince Harry about to deploy.Never mind ''If its Faye, we paye''

Hawkeye

Lantern Swinger
If she goes back and drives the boat again perhaps this time she could end up somewhere better for her holiday.
Dubai is nice this time of year and with all the cash could have a good spend up.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

greenking

Banned
Of course she should go to Cornwall......it's just over the bridge, somewhere near Redruth would be about right.

GK

So she needs to be either in Iraq or Afghanistan propping up morale, with short skirts/hot pants etc (oh god that just too far).

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
So she needs to be either in Iraq or Afghanistan propping up morale, with short skirts/hot pants etc (oh god that just too far).

Nooooooooo!

ukdaytona

War Hero
Officially yes they should return, they are trained to do a job, the ship is running under strength OR they have seconded crew from elsewhere to cover for them.

Unofficially, will any of those who sold their stories be welcomed back with open arms ?

They should return to duty but maybe a different ship ?
If claims of stress or PTSD start coming out then a shore posting shouold be offered and if refused then medical discharge on the grounds of unfit for duty BUT no compo as RN has made all attempts to accomodate them

Simmo

Midshipman
Initially, I was fully in defence of their actions, I still am. However, the selling of the stories was wrong. Not only that, it's cast a dark shadow over the 13 that didn't. Yes the story should have been told, to show what a bunch of ba5tards the Iranians were, but never sold for personnal gain. We have a media branch, so why weren't they used properly?
Yes, she should go back, that's what she's paid for! However, her reception may not be very welcome.

Please remember in your posts, there is two different subjects of interest here.

1) Their actions. Excellent, leave it to the polititions, that's how things work these days!

2) Selling their stories. Poor, but don't let it leave a poor reputation on the 13 who didn't!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Daesh Accountability should be a truly international effort MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Giving students advance notice of exam topics for summer 2021 should be handled with care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Puppy lovers should paws for thought to avoid being ‘Petfished’ this Christmas, warns Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance to parents and guardians: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child MoD News 0
G Should I tell my AFCO? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS How should competition policy react to coronavirus? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 8 things you should know about your student loan MoD News 0
C Should I inform my afco about going to doctors? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Should I join the Reserves or Regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS General public should not have to pay for 101 non-emergency calls from tomorrow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Should an oral hearing be impacted by the coronavirus? MoD News 0
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
J Should I join the RN or RFA as a chef. Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary: beautiful homes should become 'norm' MoD News 0
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
MoD_RSS Charity can and should lead the way in taking people’s expectations seriously MoD News 0
slim Anyone should be allowed to 'identify' as black regardless of the colour of their skin or background, say university leaders Current Affairs 16
slim Should ID be required when Voting? Current Affairs 36
D Should I wait until PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
slim Should Retired Old and Bold Pharts Leave RR? Diamond Lil's 59
U First deployment coming up soon, what should I bring? RFA 10
MoD_RSS All new rapid chargepoints should offer card payment by 2020 MoD News 0
B What should I do. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Speech: International community should be united in demanding peace in Sudan and Darfur MoD News 0
skyvet Chas Cooke (Why Should Britain Tremble) The Book Club 5
B What should I do? UPO/Careers Office 36
MoD_RSS Speech: Effective solutions to gender issues should be sustained: speech by Philip Smith MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Key facts you should know about the apprenticeship levy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: ‘What should the Spending Review focus on?’: speech by the Chief Secretary to the Treasury MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
MoD_RSS Press release: Damian Hinds: School leaders should ditch email culture to cut workload MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Girls’ education should be a development priority for the Commonwealth MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Business and communities should plan now for climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Five steps motorists should take to avoid deer collisions this autumn MoD News 0
N Should I even be considering this? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B Should I have received an application form in the post? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
vauxhall What is Abatement and Why Should I Care? Finance & Pensions 0
T what format and how long should my urn be. Joining the Royal Navy 14
R Should I wait? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
Maxpowers AET What aspects of math should I practice? The Fleet Air Arm 52
R How long should I expect to wait for my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
TechFin Heading to the Careers Office, Anything I should ask? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S How far past basic fitness requirements should I aim for? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A How much should I be able to squat? Health & Fitness 5
Hooly How can the Navy operate with 35% of PO(ET) missing. Should Industry be taxed for poaching Engineers The Fleet 18
Walter_white Should I do A levels and become an officer even though I've already applied as a rating? Joining the Royal Navy 25
Sumo Just another day at the office or should have been? Miscellaneous 4
U temporary medicaly unfit - how long should it take Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
BillyNoMates Every Forum should have its' own theme music. The Gash Barge 1