Short Waiting Times

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by theblueking, Oct 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 32 and I'd like to join as an Aircraft Handler, however, I had laser eye surgery 4 weeks ago as i failed my eyesight test so that means I can't re-apply for 11 months. I've been reading on here that there could be a 24 month wait for this trade so that could mean a 35 month wait to gain entry and by then i'd be 35. I wonder if anybody could tell me if they know of any trades that have short waiting lists, I know this is not ideal but i'd like to join ASAP?

Your help would be appreciated..........THANKS!!
  2. Chef. For now. It changes quite a lot though, best to ask your afco nearer the time maybe? At the moment wait times seem to be changing all the time so who knows in a year. Hope the peepers are healing nicely :)
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As R3 states, Chef is certainly quickest but not much point joining as a Chef if you are hoping it's a shortcut to another branch.
  4. The state of your eyes won't matter if you want to join as a chef. The thickness of your skin however, will be an issue.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Are we talking personally or on your custard/gravy/soup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. anyone have any idea the wait time for chefs as of 2015?