Short notice list????

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by GSSR_Vvd, Jun 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well i remember a recruiting officer telling me a little dit about a lad he knew who had been waiting for a long time to join up. His circumstances were that he could be ready to join up BRNC with very little notice. He informed this careers advisor of this fact and within a month had a start date for the following sunday of the phone call.

Just out of interest, as i now have 18 months to wait, if i was able to join up with short notice could i actually do that? I'm fit enough and live not far away from raleigh. Is it possible? :lovestory:
  2. No idea but you could try speaking to your recruiting office as they will be able to give you an answer.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming you have passed all stages of the selection process, have security clearance & have indicated you are available at short notice, then it is possible, but not assured.

There is a monthly list of (Ratings) shortage categories which may be bid for at short notice as the courses are not always filled to capacity. There is also the possibility that someone decides not to join for a variety of reasons & leaves a short-notice vacancy on a particular course.

Essentially if you can go at short notice & are completely ready to join then let your careers adviser know you are a volunteer for a short notice entry date.

The only word of caution is do not rely on it happening for you.