Shootings At Fort Hood Army Base, Texas

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tartan_Army_Sailor, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Major Malik Nadal Hasan

Hmm......

2. Hmmmmm Texas and a Muslim thats not good.

3. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Now being reported as 12 dead with the shooter alive (but wounded) and in custody; two other suspects were questioned, but it now appears to be the act of a single gunman.

4. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm and a trained psychiatrist to boot. 8O

5. A muslim what a surprise.

6. Does that mean he can certify himself insane? :twisted:

7. Yes, all such shootings are done by muslims aren't they.

A racist. What a surprise.

8. This should hot up the 'right to bear arms' debate. I do wonder how the powerful gun lobby can continue to defend itself.

9. Yes sirree! Circle the wagons the Mooslems are a-coming!!!

He was born in Virginia US of A and is about as American as mom's apple pie. Looks like he didn't even convert to Islam until late in life.

Put this on top of the huge service suicide rate at Fort Hood and we can safely say "Houston we have a problem".

Now just watch the sales of guns and ammo skyrocket in Texas.

RM

10. You realise this occurred on an Army base, and was actioned by an army officer, right?

I'm pretty sure that even if, tomorrow, the US government decided to rescind the right to bear arms, that the military would still be allowed to keep a couple, just as momentos.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Well I for one think it's a good thing the shooter is still alive, he'll be topped eventually, but before hand it will be established if he's just a disgruntled fcukwit or a Islamic on a mission. Will stop the speculation anyway. RIP the fallen, speedy recovery to the wounded.

12. Same as the London bombers I believe. They where british citizens who became extremests.

13. He’s clearly looking at this with both eyes open; and probably with both faces.

14. And 20 years ago; "Three-quarters of terrorist plots against Britain have arisen in the border areas of Eire and Ulster. If we are to defend Britain properly from this terrorist threat, then it not enough simply to defend ourselves here. We have got to make sure that we diminish the effect by denying the terrorists sanctuary and financing. For this reason we will be carrying out military operations in Eire and in the US Cities of New York, Boston and Milwaukee"......................

RM

15. RIP to all those killed, and a swift recovery to those injured.

BZ to the policewomen. Four rounds of target despite catching some herself.

16. Indeed but given that two siblings are married to U.S. citizens, one a warrant officer in the new jersey national guard, the other from texas, I do understand how powerful the gun lobby in the U.S. is.

17. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

A report on the CBC News this morning contained the following snippet 'Lt.-Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's Today show that the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — Arabic for "God is great" — before he began firing.' - looks like the "Islamic on a mission case" is being built.

18. Err, Bergen, was that you being serious or developing Brown's logic to its inevitably ridiculous conclusion?

19. Cant give a link but apparently the shooter was being investigated
    by the police due to his discussions regarding his thoughts on
    suicide bombers and likening them to soldiers who throw themselves on
    exploding grenades to save their buddies.

G :fish: