Shootings At Fort Hood Army Base, Texas

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
#4
Tartan_Army_Sailor said:
Reports that 11 soldiers dead, plus the shooter and 31 injured.
Now being reported as 12 dead with the shooter alive (but wounded) and in custody; two other suspects were questioned, but it now appears to be the act of a single gunman.
 
#10
Guzzler said:
Yes, all such shootings are done by muslims aren't they.

A racist. What a surprise.
Yes sirree! Circle the wagons the Mooslems are a-coming!!!

He was born in Virginia US of A and is about as American as mom's apple pie. Looks like he didn't even convert to Islam until late in life.

Put this on top of the huge service suicide rate at Fort Hood and we can safely say "Houston we have a problem".

Now just watch the sales of guns and ammo skyrocket in Texas.

RM
 
#11
sussex2 said:
This should hot up the 'right to bear arms' debate. I do wonder how the powerful gun lobby can continue to defend itself.
You realise this occurred on an Army base, and was actioned by an army officer, right?

I'm pretty sure that even if, tomorrow, the US government decided to rescind the right to bear arms, that the military would still be allowed to keep a couple, just as momentos.
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#12
Well I for one think it's a good thing the shooter is still alive, he'll be topped eventually, but before hand it will be established if he's just a disgruntled fcukwit or a Islamic on a mission. Will stop the speculation anyway. RIP the fallen, speedy recovery to the wounded.
 
#13
Bergen said:
Guzzler said:
Yes, all such shootings are done by muslims aren't they.

A racist. What a surprise.
Yes sirree! Circle the wagons the Mooslems are a-coming!!!

He was born in Virginia US of A and is about as American as mom's apple pie. Looks like he didn't even convert to Islam until late in life.

RM
Same as the London bombers I believe. They where british citizens who became extremests.
 
#14
The Daily Telegraph, Friday 06 November 2009

Speaking before news that another British soldier had been killed in an explosion in Afghanistan , he said: "Three-quarters of the terrorist plots against Britain have arisen from the border areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan. "If we are to defend Britain properly from this terrorist threat, then it is not enough simply to defend ourselves here. We have got to make sure that we diminish the effect of those people who are planning terrorist activities on the Afghan-Pakistan borderâ€
He’s clearly looking at this with both eyes open; and probably with both faces.
 
#15
Passed-over_Loggie said:
The Daily Telegraph, Friday 06 November 2009

Speaking before news that another British soldier had been killed in an explosion in Afghanistan , he said: "Three-quarters of the terrorist plots against Britain have arisen from the border areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan. "If we are to defend Britain properly from this terrorist threat, then it is not enough simply to defend ourselves here. We have got to make sure that we diminish the effect of those people who are planning terrorist activities on the Afghan-Pakistan borderâ€
He’s clearly looking at this with both eyes open; and probably with both faces.
And 20 years ago; "Three-quarters of terrorist plots against Britain have arisen in the border areas of Eire and Ulster. If we are to defend Britain properly from this terrorist threat, then it not enough simply to defend ourselves here. We have got to make sure that we diminish the effect by denying the terrorists sanctuary and financing. For this reason we will be carrying out military operations in Eire and in the US Cities of New York, Boston and Milwaukee"......................

RM
 
#16
RIP to all those killed, and a swift recovery to those injured.

BZ to the policewomen. Four rounds of target despite catching some herself.
 
#17
TimeToJoinUp said:
sussex2 said:
This should hot up the 'right to bear arms' debate. I do wonder how the powerful gun lobby can continue to defend itself.
You realise this occurred on an Army base, and was actioned by an army officer, right?

I'm pretty sure that even if, tomorrow, the US government decided to rescind the right to bear arms, that the military would still be allowed to keep a couple, just as momentos.
Indeed but given that two siblings are married to U.S. citizens, one a warrant officer in the new jersey national guard, the other from texas, I do understand how powerful the gun lobby in the U.S. is.
 

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
#18
wet_blobby said:
Well I for one think it's a good thing the shooter is still alive, he'll be topped eventually, but before hand it will be established if he's just a disgruntled fcukwit or a Islamic on a mission. Will stop the speculation anyway. RIP the fallen, speedy recovery to the wounded.
A report on the CBC News this morning contained the following snippet 'Lt.-Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's Today show that the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — Arabic for "God is great" — before he began firing.' - looks like the "Islamic on a mission case" is being built.
 
#20
FlagWagger said:
wet_blobby said:
Well I for one think it's a good thing the shooter is still alive, he'll be topped eventually, but before hand it will be established if he's just a disgruntled fcukwit or a Islamic on a mission. Will stop the speculation anyway. RIP the fallen, speedy recovery to the wounded.
A report on the CBC News this morning contained the following snippet 'Lt.-Gen. Robert Cone told NBC's Today show that the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — Arabic for "God is great" — before he began firing.' - looks like the "Islamic on a mission case" is being built.
Cant give a link but apparently the shooter was being investigated
by the police due to his discussions regarding his thoughts on
suicide bombers and likening them to soldiers who throw themselves on
exploding grenades to save their buddies.

G :fish:
 

Similar threads